What's new
What's new

Quincy 5120 compressor

Gregch44

Plastic
I recently purchased a used Quincy 5120 compressor. Seems to be in good shape. The companion manifold (air discharge manifold) is not attached.i ordered gaskets for it, though I don’t have them yet. They are .03 thick, but I have about a 1/4” gap at each side of the manifold ? I can’t imagine that it will suck up.
Unit was removed from Boston City Hall by the original installer who also did the service.
Anyone have any idea of why?
Thanks.
Have photos, but I am new, and haven’t figured out how to post them yet.

When you make a post click on the icon of the little tree in a picture frame (just above the text box) to upload a picture.

It does seem like there would be no room for anything to tighten up in that configuration. I have never worked on one before, but is it possible the heads were removed then not lined back up properly when re-installed? If you got it from the service tech who removed it have you tried asking them yet?

Looks like mine is 02, I better look into those gaskets to see if they used to be thicker.
I could t see the info that you linked. Looks like you have to be a member of that sight.
Thanks though.

That tag is on the mounting plate.There is another directly on the pump:

Model 5120 9
Size 6&3 1/4 x 4

Back