What's new
What's new

Ralmike's Rotary table

skipd1

Cast Iron
I acquired this RalMike's rotary table with my milling machine purchase.I seems to be a quality tool and I would like to know a little more about it. Not being familiar with the use of the table I have had little success in finding any info on the use or parts breakdown. I also would like to adapt this with the use of some indexing plates, if I can find ones that work with it, if possible.

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

I think Ralmike's went out of business long ago. They sold various high quality imported tools and often added a plate or sticker with their name. With no actual maker name on it, you can only guess who actually made your rotab. Might be Japanese, but it depends on when it was made. Check the screw threads to see what standards were used.

You will probably find the table feed has a 1:90 ratio, common on rotary tables. You will be on your own to add indexing plates and sector. I have Enco (Taiwan) and Troyke rotabs with the indexing accessories. They are pretty straightforward in design, but the rotabs were factory designed with features to allow adding them.

Larry

Back