What's new
What's new

A Rare Mori Seiki Manual Lathe. engine sounds pretty good!

Stan Canada

Aluminum
We came across this Mori Seiki Manual Lathe
Unfortunately, this is sold but information on this video might help or you might find it interesting!

If you liked it or somehow find it interesting, please consider subscribing to our channel and check out our website at Stan Canada Machine Tools and Services

I used to run one of those. It was the best engine lathe I've ever run.

Not after "Stan" get's done with it:
"There is no much rust inside, at least according to the picture.
Get used tool holder, I assume it is 40 taper and apply fine lapping compound on it. You also can weld a cross bar to this holder for easy handling.
Put holder in the the spindle and start to rotate back and fourth. After finish clean surface inside spindle. Should be good for home use.
Good Luck "

I'm a fan of Mori, but those lathes were not that great. Light and fast, but definitely a lesser quality than the CNC stuff. Seen several of those Mori manual lathes with wadded up headstocks.

Nice machines. Wanted one since I first saw one in the 70's. May someday get a Hwacheon to satisfy the itch.

Reality is, though, they don't really hold a candle to a late model Monarch. But at least it can be dropped on my doorstep in new condition at a less than insane price.

We came across this Mori Seiki Manual Lathe
Unfortunately, this is sold but information on this video might help or you might find it interesting!

If you liked it or somehow find it interesting, please consider subscribing to our channel and check out our website at spambots unite eh !

So....what exactly is an "manual lathe.engine" ?

Is this an indication of a spambot ?

I would agree that the CNC are of higher quality, came across one of my buddies shops it's pretty good but then it's expensive.

Oh wow, are Okuma Engine better or worst? we have like 1-2 CNC videos on it on our YouTube. Not sure if you know it, its the Crown and the L1420

I think you should have known what is the Manual Lathe Engine if you are asking since this community is for "Practical Machinist" Lmao

I hope that helps you Thank you, also if you're interested
Check this one here too, it's part of our project Lathe Complete Rebuilding. I'm sure you'll learn at least one or two things about it.

I certainly enjoyed the videos and the time you put into them. One Suggestion: cut down or take out the music-a little too loud. Makes it hard to hear what you are saying...for us out of the area, makes buying decisions easier when we can see things running...good job

I certainly enjoyed the videos and the time you put into them. One Suggestion: cut down or take out the music-a little too loud. Makes it hard to hear what you are saying...for us out of the area, makes buying decisions easier when we can see things running...good job

Oh okay, I shall note that suggestion. thank you Steve

Back