What's new

Recomended Sandvik Distributor Texas

vettedude

Stainless
I have tried:
AIW <-- might go back to them
Black HAwk - Expensive
REX supply - Really expensive

Anyone have a suggestion? Sandvik ahs good service and shipping, so all I need is a trained monkey to give my orders to sandvik, their shipping/support is top notch.
Pricing is another story, i feel like AIW was the best i have had so far.

Fastenal does (or did) carry Sandvik, but they might land under *oh my god, my ass hurts* REALLY expensive.
First and LAST time I ever paid MORE than list on a cutting tool... And also the LAST time I set foot in a
Fastenal.

Cutting Edge in Colorado is where I always got my Sandvik stuff.. I've never used their website CETS.com, I just
called.

Fastenal does (or did) carry Sandvik, but they might land under *oh my god, my ass hurts* REALLY expensive.
First and LAST time I ever paid MORE than list on a cutting tool... And also the LAST time I set foot in a
Fastenal.

Cutting Edge in Colorado is where I always got my Sandvik stuff.. I've never used their website CETS.com, I just
called.
Fuck fastenall, i don't understand what they do exactly...

I might send them an email, couldn't hurt!

I get my sandvik stuff from DGI/doall (is there one your way?). But here there's about 20 sandvik reps in town, all within a cent on insert prices it seems, but on tools it can vary, they can deal on that usually.

Anyone have a suggestion? Sandvik ahs good service and shipping, so all I need is a trained monkey to give my orders to sandvik, their shipping/support is top notch.
Pricing is another story, i feel like AIW was the best i have had so far.

Sandvik is also sold on Amazon. Our local Sandvik guy even mentioned it to me. Amazon seems to have the lowest prices as well.

Amazon.com: sandvik - Turning Inserts / Indexable Inserts: Industrial & Scientific

[url]https://www.amazon.com/Sandvik-Coromant/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_3546615011?ie=UTF8&node=3546615011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Sandvik+Coromant

[/URL]

Yes, that's a good point, I don't think they giver their reps commission from those sales though. They have always been the cheapest though when stuff is in stock.

I was going to say Rex Supply...:crazy: They are part of the PTS (Production Tool Supply) umbrella and I've always got great prices from them...Maybe let them know you're able to get it a little cheaper from their "competitor" and maybe they'll give you a break. Call in the local outside guy and let him do the work....

Cheers

I was going to say Rex Supply...:crazy: They are part of the PTS (Production Tool Supply) umbrella and I've always got great prices from them...Maybe let them know you're able to get it a little cheaper from their "competitor" and maybe they'll give you a break. Call in the local outside guy and let him do the work....

Cheers
My second email to rex supply ever was "Hey s andvik sells this stuff on amazon for X$$" Rex's reply was oh, here is a discount, but we are stile 10-20% higher than amazon. I will not be going back to those retards. :crazy:

In sweden (and the rest of Europe I suppose)we can use sandviks web store and order directly from them. Order in the afternoon, and the package is delivered the morning after. :)
Iscar, Walter and seco uses similar systems. I thought that was the way it worked in the rest of the world too?

And of course they have local representatives for support when you need it.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

My second email to rex supply ever was "Hey s andvik sells this stuff on amazon for X$$" Rex's reply was oh, here is a discount, but we are stile 10-20% higher than amazon. I will not be going back to those retards. :crazy:

Well, I'm all about supporting the local rep, guys who make time for me and come in to show me new products and to help with projects...good luck getting that from Amazon....I'm anti Sandvik...never used their stuff and never will. There is better stuff on the market with a lot lower price tag....

In sweden (and the rest of Europe I suppose)we can use sandviks web store and order directly from them. Order in the afternoon, and the package is delivered the morning after. :)
Iscar, Walter and seco uses similar systems. I thought that was the way it worked in the rest of the world too?

And of course they have local representatives for support when you need it.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

We have a little thing called distribution here in the states. Unless your someone like Boeing, that's really the only option.

Back