What's new
What's new

Recommended oils and maintenance for Mori Seiki MS-1250G lathe?

ff2018

Plastic
I recently bought a Mori Seiki MS-1250G and just got some great advice on the forum for DRO options. The lathe arrived yesterday and while it's in fantastic shape it didn't come with much documentation (as most don't) and the seller included some notes with the sale, one of which being that he drained the oil before shipment and the other being that we should grease/lube "everything" before starting to use it. The problem is that the only documentation I have is a couple of scanned pages from the original instruction manual (which the seller also provided) but this documentation is decades old and does not include any diagrams or instructions for general maintenance of the lathe (how to change the oil, what oil to use, what to grease/lubricate and where those locations are, etc.)

Does anyone out there have one of these lathes (or a similar model like the MS-850, MS-1050, etc.) and could provide some guidance on where I can find a true service/repair/operation manual for the lathe or at a minimum what modern oils/lubricants I should use and a few diagrams showing me where they go?

I really appreciate the help - this is a fantastic forum that has really helped me out over the past couple of years getting older equipment we've purchased back up and running.

Thanks in advance!

Back