What's new
What's new

Removing coolant from floor

cimber

Plastic
I am looking for an easy way to remove what I think is years of coolant and way lube off of concrete. It’s dried up but very hard to scrap off. Anyone know a way to easily do this?

empty space prior to leaving the building or around machines to make the shop look better?

When I moved out of a rental I had what I thought was problem that the landlord would hit me for on the security deposit.
After the unit was empty there was a clear outline of the machinery and work stations I had.
I used a water based Zep degreaser product, (think its used with pressure washers) let it sit for a few hours, then mopped it up.
If the building had better drainage I would have pressure washed it
It pulled some of it, was good enough for the landlord

power washer (13 hp type) and one of those floor cleaner rotating "looks like a lawnmower" attachments.

Another person with a shop vac handy for the water.

So....get it wet.

This!

If it was water soluble coolant, it'll eventually come loose by being wet.

See if your Home Depot Tool Rental has a floor scrubber and a Mexican to run it for rent.

Based on my experiences (Military) you are gonna need at least one guy bringing in hot water, and two on mops as well.

Block any drains that lead to storm or sewer, as the Enviro people tend to get...testy...when that stuff comes through their systems.

Back