What's new
What's new

Replacement bearings

L98FIERO

Plastic
I just acquired an Ex-Cell-O 602 in very good condition but the spindle bearings are noisy. I've ordered the two lower angular contact bearings but the upper set are no longer available and no cross reference. From the drawing they appear to be a free floating set of angular contact bearing and I'm looking for an opinion on what to substitute, if that's required, once I pull the spindle. The bearings are listed as a 7602 CTC/C78 GO5. Can a set of deep groove bearings be used with spacers to preload them and where can I get information on how to set up and check the preload?

Attachments

• top set.jpg
    top set.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 75
My google search of 7602 came up with a limited number of hits of a 60 degree series of ball screw support bearing. I would just measure them once you get them out and find some angular contact, whether ball screw type (higher contact angle) or spindle type, and use those. You do not ever "preload" deep groove radial bearings. They are not at all designed for axial loads.

This company buy excess bearings from companies and buys parts cribs at auctions to get bearings. They used to only sell wholesale to bearing houses, but it's been years since I worked with them. I sold the parts crib to them when I was a salesman at Midwestern Machinery. They have or they used to have a division in MPLS. - Baker Bearing eCommerce

Back