Replacement bearings
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Replacement bearings

I just acquired an Ex-Cell-O 602 in very good condition but the spindle bearings are noisy. I've ordered the two lower angular contact bearings but the upper set are no longer available and no cross reference. From the drawing they appear to be a free floating set of angular contact bearing and I'm looking for an opinion on what to substitute, if that's required, once I pull the spindle. The bearings are listed as a 7602 CTC/C78 GO5. Can a set of deep groove bearings be used with spacers to preload them and where can I get information on how to set up and check the preload?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails top-set.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My google search of 7602 came up with a limited number of hits of a 60 degree series of ball screw support bearing. I would just measure them once you get them out and find some angular contact, whether ball screw type (higher contact angle) or spindle type, and use those. You do not ever "preload" deep groove radial bearings. They are not at all designed for axial loads.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

However ,deep grove balls do take considerable axial loads in service and are commonly used as clutch throwout bearings in trucks and tractors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you tried Locate Ball Bearings | USA & Worldwide Service

I've used them to locate bearings for several machine tools. The last time they supplied me with a set of 8 long obsolete bearings for the Worthington drive on my 1960 Sheldon lathe. The price was more than reasonable and they were delivered in only a couple days

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This company buy excess bearings from companies and buys parts cribs at auctions to get bearings. They used to only sell wholesale to bearing houses, but it's been years since I worked with them. I sold the parts crib to them when I was a salesman at Midwestern Machinery. They have or they used to have a division in MPLS. - Baker Bearing eCommerce

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

size seems to be 42-15-13mm A good replacement would be 2pc of 7302 universal matched bearings in the tolerance and preload you want

Peter