What's new
What's new

replacement for New Departure bearing QN0207B5

sabin

Plastic
Hi,
I'm in need to replace two New Departure bearings.
I've asked a couple places, but with not much choices.
The bearings are New Departure QN0207B5, angular contact, high precision, flange on the exterior race.
Does anyone has a catalog, or cross reference to another brand that makes something similar?
I could get the dimensions if needed.

thanks

IMAG4251.jpg

It’s a “207” bearing, a generic name for 35mm (1.378”) bore, 72mm (2.8436”) OD and 21mm (.8268”) width. The “B” (for new departure) indicates A.B.E.C. series 5 and usually sold as “spindle bearings” in matched pairs.

Later (than your) designations from ND would be Q20207-Perfex (non-flanged) and NM0207B(x) for the flanged and the last digit(x) was the ABEC (precision) designation.

My latest hardcopy (mid 90’s) shows Timken (Fafnir) 2MM207WI DUL or NDH “Q20207DTL7A” for the non-flange and the NDH flanged bearing would be just NM0207B.
Hope you have some money saved… Google checked Timken (Fafnir) 2MM207WI DUL (non-flanged) = $719.86ea. from motion industries. :eek: See if you can talk someone into OEM pricing of find someone who can.

Good luck,
Matt

NM New Departure listing from about 1950

A recent thread has a pair of the NM214 jobs purchased at $926.00 each

Attachments

• New Departure NM.jpg
    New Departure NM.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 256
I know nothing about bearings, but why so much for these relatively small bearings? Degree of precision in manufacture and/or matched set tolerances? Made from unobtanium? So few sold that they charge what they can? Just curious.

Thanks all for the information. I'll see which way to go, extremely expensive for the size they are. I know they are build for high precision, high rpms on them...

Back