What's new
What's new

Retirement Day

Limy Sami

Diamond
I’ve made it :) (phew!) today I am 66 and start drawing my state pension.

I’m not closing down entirely (that would drive me mad) but due to Covid trade has been very slow, so at least I’ve not the problem of running down the shop and trying to get rid of customers (which can be surprisingly hard!)

I’ve built a couple scale steam locos, plus ½ a traction engine, .and several stationary engines, so they’re off the bucket list, ……...but I’ve kinda got a hankering for a model Thames Sailing Barge ;)

congrats....what traction engine are you building? I say in celebration of your retirement and the disclosure of some model engineer projects, we ought to see some photos of them :)

Congratulations Sami!!!
I'm still a few years away and have been bringing my old machines up to snuff for my retirement. Also facinated with steam and a model is definitly on the bucket list.
Have Fun and Keep Posting
i_r_machinist

I know that I'm broad shouldered but stop leaning quite so hard.
You know the story of the last straw and the camel.
And don't show Mcgyver pics of my steam engines.

Sami, thanks for everything you've added to this forum over the years. Hopefully you'll continue to share your wisdom.
Enjoy semi-retirement, or whatever you're calling it. Working because you want to is the best type of working.

I’ve made it :) (phew!) today I am 66 and start drawing my state pension.

I’m not closing down entirely (that would drive me mad) but due to Covid trade has been very slow, so at least I’ve not the problem of running down the shop and trying to get rid of customers (which can be surprisingly hard!)

I’ve built a couple scale steam locos, plus ½ a traction engine, .and several stationary engines, so they’re off the bucket list, ……...but I’ve kinda got a hankering for a model Thames Sailing Barge ;)

You think you know someone...and they post this ^^^...:D

Congratulations Ls.

And Happy birthday as well....

Last edited:
Sami -

Good going. Enjoy life and try to do what you want to, you've earned it. Hope you keep up the contributions on here, they are much appreciated.

Dale

This belongs on a hobby forum!
:stirthepot:

yes that was sarcasm people.

Congrats on the retirement!

Back