What's new
What's new

Rexroth Indramat MKD040 servo motor question

ratbldr427

Titanium
Has any one replaced bearings in them? I know that on some of the older servo motors you have to install a keeper in the motor to keep the magnets from degrading.

I assume that all the recent ones have rare earth magnets in them and I don't think they will degrade?

I would really like to get the machine up and running Monday to buy some lead time on getting a new one.The electrican on hand wasn't much help and started in about losing the parameters for the resolver if I took it apart.Seems to me if the battery is good that wouldn't be a problem. I don't under stand the mentality of people sometimes, the motor is junk as it stands,the only thing I will do make it junkier? or fix it until to run until we get a new one. It was running when I took it off so electrically it is ok. The operator told me the gear box was bad because it had lost all its oil and was making bad noises.

After a bad day and late in the afternoon I fell for that without checking the motor after I pulled it to get the gearbox off. The coupling was shot so I replaced it and sealed and oiled it then found the noise was the motor.The front bearing is shot.

The equiptment manufacturer wants 40K for a new motor and gear box.The gear box is no longer made. BS!

So if any body can help I would appreciate it.I am posting in general because there are quite a few maintenance machinist here.

Has Bosch rexroth got anything on they’re site, I’ve not looked but they did help me when fixing a braked motor they made, unfortunately I got it rewound and the electrician fitted it without connecting the brake cable, without the power to the brake it tried to run in the braked condition burning out another winding, seems some electricians are better than others,
Mark

I downloaded what info they had and except for battery replacement(every 10 years or when a code is displayed) ,they only recomended replacing bearings every 30k hrs and sending them back to Rexroth. Which I would do if I had a replacement on hand. I should have resolved this before I left on Friday. Oh well along with all the other projects I have backed up I will have this to look forward to.

This machine has 4 of them and all are due for batteries and bearings. I went through this about five years ago when one of the gear boxes failed and found out then they were obsolete. That's how I managed to have the coupling. The cost back then was nowhere near 40K as it is now.

Back