What's new
What's new

Richmond sr3 radial arm drill

Deputyduke

Plastic
Hi Folks

My brother recently accuired a Richmond SR3 Radial Arm Drill

However he is struggling to wire it to the supply

Would any of you kind folks have either a wiring diagram or a service manual for it by any chance you could send me?

I have been all over the internet and have found hee-haw!

Many thanks

Glenn

It’s 3 phase yes, the only struggle will be rotational direction, if wrong switch any 2 lives, you may need to get an electrician to sort it if your stuck, no shame in that I have, no one knows everything, the usual problem is the start stop box and overloads etc if no 3ph available then a phase converter
There’s a really basic one in machine mart that I use on a table saw, Clarke 40 somthing
Mark

I have a Richmond 4'6" radial ...It has a rather complex (for the day) system of 4 way joystick controll,and a box of switchgear mounted on the back of the arm.....In fact ,mine has been sitting around for years only partly under cover ,and I just decided not to scrap it this week.....Richmond/Midgeley and Sutcliffe/ was part of 600 machinery group.....so info may be available.......By the way ,the sliprings in the top of the column of mine never worked (insulation issues) and I just wired a lead into the box on the back of the arm.

Back