What's new
What's new

Riggers in Atlanta, GA area that can load 15,000 lb VMC's ? (no loading dock)

Adams Machinery movers, a bit expensive but real professional. Pete Wallace rigging, a bit cheaper but they did a fine job for me on my last two moves.

Charles

Both of those guys nailed it. I have used both of the companies mentioned but mainly Adams. Adams is always BUSY, so keep that in mind with whatever you are doing.

FWIW I ended up using Pete Wallace Rigging....two semi trailer loads of machines loaded for me on Tuesday. I did the prep like disconnecting hard wiring from two CNC EDM machines, blocking the axis on two VMC's and a turning center, applying anti rust spray, etc. They helped with the huge VMC coolant pans and of course did the actual extraction from the building and loading. Were the best riggers I've ever hired....even went so far as to instruct and help the clueless truckers on how to tie down each machine.

IMG_0865.jpg

Bristol 30K capacity forklift... what a dream machine.....probably the smallest physically 30K forklift

thanks guys i had already called adams, they were not available. i sent Pete Wallace an email hopefully they will call me tomorrow and we can work something out. im trying to avoid the diy route of hiring a forklift, id rather have a pro do it. fyi i also tried Eastern Machinery Movers (they are yet to call me back).

Back