What's new
What's new

Rockwell lathe 10" swing 36" gap for sale near me.....

1dogandnoexes

Aluminum
Someone near me has this lather for sale. It appears to be relatively new in age and may have never been used. I have never had a Rockwell branded tool and have no idea what quality ti expect. Has anyone had a Rockwell lathe? Excellent? Good? Bad ? Scrap metal?

Lots of talk about rockwell on here if you search for it. I dont have one so did not pay attention to what was said about them, I think positive info, double check me to be sure though...

I bought my Rockwell mill new in 1974. They also made lathes and other machine tools of industrial/school shop quality. Far better than hobby level (like Atlas). I think they went out of the business in the 1980's, so there is no parts availability.

Delta Rockwell 10-inch Lathe

Larry

Let's say I get it. What would I do if I wanted a tool post grinder or a taper attachment? Will I be able to find the tooling or get parts?

Let's say I get it. What would I do if I wanted a tool post grinder or a taper attachment? Will I be able to find the tooling or get parts?

Tool post grinders are generic, that is, not designed for specific brands of lathe. A small Dumore should work on a 10" lathe.

Taper attachments are specific to a particular make and model lathe. Probably would be very hard to find, but not impossible to make from scratch if you had a pressing need. I had a taper attachment on one of my lathes and went for about 20 years never needing it, so I sold it. There are always buyers.

Larry

Back