What's new
What's new

Romi lathe owners or operators, CNC or manual opinions

Windy City

Plastic
I am looking closely at a Romi lathe. Either a manual 350 or their "teach" lathe C420. Any first hand users who have any advice, opinions or reviews as to accuracy, build quality and service after the sale?

Thanks

We have one, not sure what model it is though(not at work atm). Fanuc control with Romi conversational. Haven't used the conversational part of it. Manual tool change block. Not a bad machine, but I haven't used it too much. I use our Trak Lathe more.

I just sold my C420. It was 11 years old and a well built solid machine. It had the older Siemens control. My only complaint was no dealer support where I am at. Romi has had 3-4 dealers here since I purchased the machine new. I didn't want to be caught in that trap.

Own an M17. Its the predecessor to the C420 ..Uses a Fanuc 21i control instead of the current Siemens.
Love the machine. Has been money for my work (prototype and repair) Fitted with a Multi Fix post , very accurate and repeatable.
Romi "Guide" is easy to use and makes doing programs a snap, even for one off's. You and also program using
G" code if that is your pleasure...plus runs with "hand" control. Spindle on/off and feed , cross and long all off apron controls...just like a manual machine
Fit and finish are very good.
Can't say about the local support. Have had this machine since 2004 and have never needed any support, save the purchase of some way wipers and cabinet air filters which i get directly from Romi parts in Chicago.....

Cheers Ross

Back