What's new
What's new

Trico Spraymaster II - About ready to toss this thing into the trash!

BenTerrible

Aluminum
Been fighting with this device all day. Can't get coolant flowing for the life of me.

These things are siphon systems, which is cost-effective, I get it, but really stupid in my opinion. I would rather have a dedicated pump to push coolant and mix with air at the nozzle.

I have cleaned the entire device. The solenoids check out. No blockage in the lines. I seem to have an issue with the nozzle itself. If I remove it from the manifold, I get coolant flow. Attach the nozzle, I get bubbles sent back to the reservoir??? The first thought was maybe the pressure line is plugged into the wrong location on the manifold. Nope, checked that, switching these was a step backward. The nozzle is free of any blockages. I can pass compressed air through it, no problem.

I hate being defeated by a plastic jug with an airline out the side...

Rant over.

-BT

I suppose my initiation of this thread was purely out of frustration. After further review of the Trico instructions, I read the "DO NOT" section...

"DO NOT use volatile or harmful chemicals in the Trico Spraymaster..."

I decided to bathe the nozzle in a pool of diesel fuel and PB Blaster overnight. This morning I celebrated with a victory and had coolant flow once again.

Me: 1, Trico plastic jug with air nozzle out the side: 0.

Never give up.

-BT

Back