What's new
What's new

Rotary table with digital readout in degrees - can not find any information about it.

k2steve

Plastic
I have bought a Yuasa almost 12" rotary table with a threaded center hole and a great digital display, it reads out to the seconds.
I can not find any info about the thing? I haven't even found anything about a digital readout like this?
Yuasa international stock number 550 - 312.

I want to make a plug for the center hole but I'm unsure of the threads, MM 55 x 3 I think. I have not had to work with metric stuff much. I hope someone can lead me to a manual or other info about this table.

Attachments

• IMG_1735.jpg
    IMG_1735.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1736.jpg
    IMG_1736.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1737.jpg
    IMG_1737.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 135
The Yuasa catalog available on their website lists the 550 series tables and specifications. The catalog is downloadable or online-readable. I suspect, particularly in light of the Perkin-Elmer property tag, that either this was a Yuasa custom item specially done for Perkin-Elmer, or the DRO was an add-on by Perkin-Elmer after purchase. The threaded center hole is most likely also a Perkin-Elmer modification.

Perkin-Elmer ?

Thanks for the reply, I am not familiar with Perkin-Elmer, there also was a sticker about property of Newport Corp.
I guess I'll do trial and error cutting threads for the hole.

Thanks .........Steve

I have two but they do not go coarse enough, 8 tpi was off just a little bit. I used a course tap and checked with that, pitch 3 mm looks gooder than the 8tpi. The major dia is what is confusing me, 55 or 56 mm. The id of the bore is 52.22 mm using a inside mic and digital calipers. So hit or miss, I'll start with the bigger size and 3 wire if I can figure out metric 3 wire size formula.

If I were going to make a centering plug for locating the table center, I would first check the larger diameter above the thread, and see whether that is accurate/concentric to the table rotation, and could be used as the reference. The plug could then have a diameter that would simply drop down into the minor diameter of the thread. This assumes that your intent is indeed to make a centering plug. OTOH, if you just want a cover plug for the center hole, threading it is a good way to keep it in place. As Blazemaster notes, a metric pitch gage might save some guesswork.

** Just saw your post - never mind about the pitch gage...

Last edited:
If I were going to make a centering plug for locating the table center, I would first check the larger diameter above the thread, and see whether that is accurate/concentric to the table rotation, and could be used as the reference. The plug could then have a diameter that would simply drop down into the minor diameter of the thread. This assumes that your intent is indeed to make a centering plug. OTOH, if you just want a cover plug for the center hole, threading it is a good way to keep it in place. As Blazemaster notes, a metric pitch gage might save some guesswork.

** Just saw your post - never mind about the pitch gage...

That is a great idea, check the counterbore and make sure it is concentric. Who ever modified it did a great looking job, looks ground. Since the hole is so big (2 3/16") I wanted a solid support there for smaller parts and a indicating hole. I thought I would plug it then center the table under the quill
then make the indicating hole.

I have a 280MM Yuasa 4th axis on one of my machines. The T-slot faceplate is threaded like that in the pictures and the table comes with a nice threaded plug to close the hole to keep shit out when your not using it.

If it were in my world I would turn up a plug that was a tap fit from plastic or make a metal one with an O-ring to seal and hold it.

Then you don't have to fuck with the threads for a large manual rotab that will be used once a decade.

Back