What's new
What's new

S-7 plates warped in heat treat

swamp dweller

Cast Iron
So I had 2 S-7 plates heat treated to 52/54 R/C. They are 8" X 8" X 1" thick. I left .010 P/S grind stock on them for finish grinding. Needless to say, when they came back they were warped so bad they will not clean up. I have never had S-7 distort this bad. I'm looking for a recommendation for a company that I can send these to to be salvaged if possible.The heat treater is not being helpful and the places I found on line saying they do this work are not responding. Help! Thanks

I just made a die block from s-7 5x8x2-1/4 thick I put the dowels in before heat treat when I got it back dowel moved .0045 I left .02 for grind stock But I did rebore and sleeve the dowel hole to fix it.
Sux don’t it
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bee6c11a11e5386cc4ac2e5d88e4a7a7.jpg
here is a pic
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So I had 2 S-7 plates heat treated to 52/54 R/C. They are 8" X 8" X 1" thick. I left .010 P/S grind stock on them for finish grinding. Needless to say, when they came back they were warped so bad they will not clean up. I have never had S-7 distort this bad. I'm looking for a recommendation for a company that I can send these to to be salvaged if possible.The heat treater is not being helpful and the places I found on line saying they do this work are not responding. Help! Thanks

You should have a company that is local that straightens parts I would imagine.
Here in Michigan we use TDH out of Troy.

TDH INDUSTRIES, INC. | Troy, MI 48083

Back