What's new
What's new

SAIMP Lathe KS-155

John Sigismondi

Plastic
Hello Everyone

I hope everybody is well and being safe in this Covid 19 world I have a SAIMP engine lathe and cannot find any info on it online. My company acquired it during a property settlement and it has two cabinets of accessories that accompany it.IMG_1493.jpg
can anyone tell me what its worth (lathe only) we are trying to determine its value for insurance reasons. It runs beautiful and is very clean

Thank you in advance for any information Have a safe and Blessed july 4th

John

we are trying to determine its value for insurance reasons.

"Been a while.." but in all probability, it doesn't HAVE any..

"value for insurance reasons"

Presuming you seek to cover the cost of getting a shop operational after a disaster, evaluate coverage based on reasonable replacement costs.

That will be function with function. Not orphan with orphan.

Very clean?

Insurance purposes? It's worth about $1,500 to the right buyer. In a retail setting, I would expect it to be listed for $15,000 and for insurance purposes I would insure it for $35,000. Now you reply back with "Oh, I had no idea! My grandpa would be so surprised! But I'll never sell it, it means to much to me!"

I have the big brother to that lathe a BSM-180 (14 X 40). I paid $2000 for it at a machine tool dealer in southern California. Manuals are available on ebay and there are a few of those machine floating around. They are a solid machine but the value in California would be around 2 to 3 thousand depending on accessories and tooling. But since you mentioned you need a value for the lathe only, I would say $1500 to $2500 depending on condition. Parts would be very difficult to come by and it is such an off brand that not many people would look twice at it. The person that does buy it will very pleased as they are a fine machine. PM me if you want more information.

Very clean?

Insurance purposes? It's worth about $1,500 to the right buyer. In a retail setting, I would expect it to be listed for $15,000 and for insurance purposes I would insure it for $35,000. Now you reply back with "Oh, I had no idea! My grandpa would be so surprised! But I'll never sell it, it means to much to me!"

Not sure about your numbers $15k to $35K for insurance? Seems a bit high we are definitely going to sell it in the coming months I wanted to answer the question from my boss at to its worth. I appreciate your response :)

Thank myou for the great info!

We acquired the machine through a property default and have to liquidate it with many other machines to satisfy the tenants debt to us. The machine is clean and works perfectly so I think that the $3,000 price tag would be right. I bet the tooling is probably worth more than the lathe.

There is also a vintage Bridgeport http://bermanstatewide.com/auction
There is a 6 foot x 3 foot cabinet full of machine tools for this lathe and for the Bridgeport

Thank you again for your invaluable information

Regards,

John Sigismondi
Project Manager
Berman Enterprises and Statewide Properties
550 Walker Street Watsonville C.A. 95076
(url]www.bermanstatewide.com

Back