What's new
What's new

Sajo UF 52 Horizontal Mill Damaged, Need Info

Slow Dave

Plastic
I hope I am posting this in the right place. I finally upgraded from my small horizontal mill to one I can actually get work done with (hopefully). Unfortunately the right X axis hand wheel was damaged by the trucking company and I am trying to figure out how much damage was done. The hand wheel is ruined and I think there is a slight bend on the end of the lead screw. I think the lead screw can be straightened.

It looks like it was shipped with the power feed for the x axis engaged for table movement to the left. It doesn't want to disengage. The machine is not hooked to power yet. Does there have to be power to shift the power feed controls? The Y axis power feed is in the neutral position and it won't move either so I am thinking there is something happening here that may not be related to the impact and could just be the result of not having power.

I am trying to figure out as much as I can but I cannot disassemble anything yet as the shipping company has to decide if they want to inspect the machine for the damage claim.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am sure there will be more questions as we work through this.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:

Back