What's new
What's new

Schaeffer’s 311 Synkool semi synthetic flood coolanr

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
Is anyone formulair or maybe have used this in their machining centers?

I bought a gallon from our local hardware store,that is a Schaeffer dealer, when we used up all our old stuff and just got around to mixing some up for works new band saw and seems to be much better than the stuff we were using before.

It does not get milky the least bit and stays clear with tint of green. Looks similar to simple green but slick as all get out. In the band saw at work, and I never thought I would ever say this about coolant but, it has made a world of difference. The blade doesn’t get hot like it use to when cutting thick steel and parts aren’t all gummy or sticky feeling,along with the saw. I tried to cut a 5x6 piece of steel bar a while back and the blade got so hot I had to stop and it killed the blade but I cut the same piece yesterday and the blade never got warm to the touch. So there’s gotta be something there but the whole reason I asked this question had nothing to do with a saw.

I ask bc after seeing how it worked in the saw I was wondering if it would be a good flood for my new vf4ss? I was doing my best to stay away from flood coolant bc I’m scared of rust but i think it could remedy some issues I’m having. Big plus is i can drive 5 minutes and have as much as I need and not have to wait on blaser or whatever it’s called which is what I wanted to use if I ever went to flood.

So anyone?

Ive been using their coolant for years. I switched to 411 seems to last longer. The sump cleaner works good too. I use it in just about everything with good luck. Cleans easy and doesn’t seem to rust ( except under one vise on a fadal?)
Use it in crank, cam and surface grinders 2 lathes cnc and manual and vmcs. Have mixed it for misters but seems to fog more. But doesn’t smell like laundry detergent dammit.
Thought about trying alcohol fuel scent in it. we use it in our brake cleaner, about 4 oz to 5 gallon pail. Whole shop smells like cherries! Or your choice of scents.
Funny story jr was moping the floor thought he’d dump a bottle of grape in the mop bucket, had to leave the doors open for a while. Smelled like a really strong grape soda lol. For days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been using their coolant for years. I switched to 411 seems to last longer. The sump cleaner works good too. I use it in just about everything with good luck. Cleans easy and doesn’t seem to rust ( except under one vise on a fadal?)
Use it in crank, cam and surface grinders 2 lathes cnc and manual and vmcs. Have mixed it for misters but seems to fog more. But doesn’t smell like laundry detergent dammit.
Thought about trying alcohol fuel scent in it. we use it in our brake cleaner, about 4 oz to 5 gallon pail. Whole shop smells like cherries! Or your choice of scents.
Funny story jr was moping the floor thought he’d dump a bottle of grape in the mop bucket, had to leave the doors open for a while. Smelled like a really strong grape soda lol. For days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol good stuff. I know I need to be running the flood but I’m so scared its going to cause rust and get all gunked up like every single bandsaw I’ve ever seen where I’ve worked and being that this is my personal and new machine I’m anal as a m-fer as my dad says. Haha. We bought this together and hell he put up a little more money than and I don’t let him touch it lol. Just joking,All in fun,I couldn’t ask for a better dad.

But anyways it eases my worries just a little to know you’ve had good luck with it so I think ima take a trip to the hardware store and some gallons of it. Just gotta figure out how many gallons I need now. Thanks

Oh yeah and when you mention how it cleans easy, it does. Rinses off with little water and doesn’t leave a oily residue like I’m accustomed to. Hell I’m the one who picked out the stuff for the saw at work but didn’t know it was green and I honestly thought when I seen it that some idiot dumped a bunch of simple green in the tank and when I touched I knew they had bc of how slick it felt but It didn’t smell like simple green so I asked a guy and he said it was the stuff I bought. It doesn’t smell bad at all either like you say. Anyways I had to add to my last comment. Take care guys.

Up here, it's auto parts and industrial supply stores which are Schaeffer dealers; don't see it in retail hardware.

But yes, I've never been disappointed with their products.

jack vines

Back