What's new
What's new

Is the search function not working?

rjibosh

Hot Rolled
I have been trying to find some information on shop safety. And everything I enter in Search comes back "No Items Match Your Request". I even tried "Steel". I'm specifically looking for the video of the kid in the school shop that tries to stop a lathe with a ratchet handle in the chuck and gets wrapped up in the machine. Any other suggestions that will put the fear of the Machine in young students would be appreciated.
Thanks

I've never been able to get any useable results out of the built in search function, I go to google instead. I think it hates me.

Most forum search functions are useless (unless they already use google). Just add "site:http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/" to your google search, and it will just search PM forums.

The search function in this software has always been screwed up. For some incomprehensible reason, the developers can't get it through their heads that entering surface plate means it should find posts with the word "surface" AND the word "plate", not the posts with either word.

Steve

Back