What's new
What's new

Seized Horizontal Band Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykes091

Plastic
Has anyone come across a seized horizontal band saw where the top frame either is very hard to move or has seized? The pivot rod in mine is seized and won't move. I got the top frame and arm off and I am not sure how tight this rod is supposed to be. It's supposed to move in the ears of the lower body and is just a steel rod (can file easily) through cast iron holes. No bushings or anything (would have been a smart idea). Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Has anyone come across a seized horizontal band saw where the top frame either is very hard to move or has seized? The pivot rod in mine is seized and won't move. I got the top frame and arm off and I am not sure how tight this rod is supposed to be. It's supposed to move in the ears of the lower body and is just a steel rod (can file easily) through cast iron holes. No bushings or anything (would have been a smart idea). Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Photos? Brand?

Spray with PB, move it thru full range, repeat as necessary till its free, at that point knock it out, clean, reassemble.

John
Must have been one of those more time than money days:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back