Semi OT SUN Hydraulics Anyone Know What is Going on Down There? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As others have written here the excuse we keep on hearing for the long lead times is that sun signed on some major OEMs but it seems a little hard to believe that a big one such as say a Caterpillar or similar large hydraulic user would be able to just turn the switch and push deliveries from 2 weeks to 5 months almost overnight. The same proprietary cavity issue that makes it hard to change away from them would also make transitions to them just as hard as a lot of manifold blocks would need significant design revisions.

Probably would be a good time for some of the other cartridge makers to start designing around some of the sun cavities if the patents are expired.

The Parker series cavities always looked a lot simpler to me than what sun does. I seem to recall they even use a #3mt in some of their cavities. Knowing SUN I would suspect their cavities though more difficult to make probably have a lot of advantages on the performance side.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I recalled a P.O. check that I used once that went in a T-11A cavity - it was a Rexroth: Check valves – Sun cavity | Bosch Rexroth USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another valve cartridge maker that uses a Sun-type cavity: Winner Hydraulics Corp. I never heard of these guys before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Search "sun cavity" cartridge -sunhydralics.com

Yields 919 results
    Bill D.

Cavity Bodies | United States | Daman Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Heaton View Post
    Notice that the very dominant theme of the article linked in post #2 is increasing profit. Not to say they weren't quite profitable before. As a public company, their focus will be entirely on increase. It won't be enough for the 'investors' to share in a company that produces a superior product, turns a comfortable profit and has hard-working, content employees. They will demand double-digit increases in profit, probably quarterly instead of annually, and they will thin every aspect of the business to get it. The employees will be forced to do much more for much less while the execs who mandate these changes will get huge bonuses for doing such a fine job of making a few people very rich.

They'll spout words like 'competitive' and 'challenge' and a dozen others so popular at the typical shareholders' meeting and you'll have to find out on your own that 'competitive' has nothing to do with pricing of comparable products and services from other manufacturers so as to maintain market share, but everything to do with the executive and shareholders' fortunes increasing at the same rate as the other moguls.

Bottom line: greed.
    The FED's massive money printing and cheap money if you are close to the source has enabled the purchasing of privately held companies turning out good products with good reputations with handsome profits and little risk.

As you noted profits will be increased, the stock will rise and all the talent, innovation and reputation will be extracted till eventually the company is run into the dirt, closed or sold off.

The facilitators and those that got in early will do very well, those holding the bag and stocks later won't.

It is the current US business model.

7. Likes tdmidget liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The way it is done today is interesting. happend to toys r us and many others. Group gets together and take s out a big loan to buy stock. Buy as much as they can of one company doing well with cash reserves and valuable property. Pack the board with yes men and have the board buy off the loan for no reason at all. Sell anything of value to the group and lease it back at inflated rates. Sell the stock on the open market and wait for the company to fail.
    they do not actually make the company fail they just milk it for anything they can and leave. For some rerason the packed board never serves jail time for malfeasance.
    Even the board at Mervans who gave 50 million dollars worth of land to the loan group for no payment of any kind. The bankruptcy judge forced them to reclaim the land into the failed company but no jail time for anyone.
    Bil lD
    I wonder if trump will have to declare his 750 million dollar bribe to Ukraine as income?

9. Likes JoeE., Greg White liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Heaton View Post
    Notice that the very dominant theme of the article linked in post #2 is increasing profit. Not to say they weren't quite profitable before. As a public company, their focus will be entirely on increase. It won't be enough for the 'investors' to share in a company that produces a superior product, turns a comfortable profit and has hard-working, content employees. They will demand double-digit increases in profit, probably quarterly instead of annually, and they will thin every aspect of the business to get it. The employees will be forced to do much more for much less while the execs who mandate these changes will get huge bonuses for doing such a fine job of making a few people very rich.

They'll spout words like 'competitive' and 'challenge' and a dozen others so popular at the typical shareholders' meeting and you'll have to find out on your own that 'competitive' has nothing to do with pricing of comparable products and services from other manufacturers so as to maintain market share, but everything to do with the executive and shareholders' fortunes increasing at the same rate as the other moguls.

Bottom line: greed.
    I had to screenshot this, as it is a perfect written explanation of modern business. The steel mill I work at does all the same shit.

In 2015 all wages were frozen, a lot of employment conditions (Iíll agree some were a little excessive) were taken back, and the casual tradespeople (like myself) had our hourly wage dropped to below what a full time employee earns.

We have to beg for work clothes, that we destroy in months due to coal, rain, acid, molten steel, grease and dirt. Good luck ever getting personal or even work supplied tools replaced. The basic battery impact gun and cordless drill I have and purchased myself at my house is still out of the budget down at the old mills. So youíve got 70 year old men, still bashing flogging spanners like itís 1970, on wages that resemble the 1970ís, and if one of those old buggers misses the oiley, grease covered spanner, hits his finger and draws blood, well go ahead and blacklist him, canít have a liability kicking around now can we.

The lunchrooms are rotten with mold and termite damage. But we canít renovate because of asbestos and the paperwork and blah blah blah. Just sit and eat quietly and donít disturb the walls.
    The bathroom ceiling has chunks of concrete falling off due to concrete cancer.
    The rolling mills are corroded, the various steelmaking plants are 10-20 years past their life span. People are falling through steel flooring due to rust and corrosion.

Our CEO? Took himself home a nice $1.8 million in salary. And a cool $2 million in share dividends. His other 10 board of directors took home similar amounts.

Plant management? Their bonus is knocked down by 5% for every injury in their department. The solution is to have every job possible done off site. There goes hundreds of good paying, tradesperson jobs, now being done by outside companies desperate for the work, and there joins the race to the bottom.

Not only that, but they made the experience and knowledge all redundant with various payouts over the years, and so there are departments existing now where if one key member got hit by a bus in the morning commute, the plant would eventually breakdown and no one would know how to fix it quickly.

They sacked 1000 men a few years ago, due to a closure of one of the two blast furnaces, and now have employed hundreds of women, because ya know how the women are, they love a good whinge and a good bitch. They will dob anyone in, they have no shame, they are here to catch out the last of the union workers, and anyone who voices opinions or concern over how management is handling the running of the department. There is no brotherhood anymore, there is no company loyalty, and there is no incentive now to trade your life and health for another 8 hours in a Coke works or a Blast Furnace, when even the people you are working besides are out to get you so they can climb to the next rung. The result is they just let anyone in now, yes men and yes women, incidents are covered up swiftly (I know a guy who tore his femur off of the top of his knee, his supervisor was only concerned in making sure he rocked up to work the next day to prevent a lost time injury.

A constant cycle of sucking every last dollar from the place. Such a sad occurrence to many modern businessís.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Search "sun cavity" cartridge -sunhydralics.com

Yields 919 results
    Bill D.

Cavity Bodies | United States | Daman Products
    You're looking at cavity bodies there. The OP needs something to screw into them, not the cavities themselves.