What's new
What's new

Servo power feed, rapid switch bulb/seal replacement?

SND

Diamond
Have any of you guys changed the little black bulb/seal boot on the rapid push switch of Servo type 140 drives? what's the trick?
I got one that is finally ready to be replaced, I assumed it would thread off since its got a hex nut shape at the bottom but I gave it a few turns and its clearly not unscrewing, its just spinning(worried about it ripping a wire off inside now). Do they just pry off or do I have to open the whole thing and hold the switch from the inside? I can't imagine it would take all that much work just to change that little thing.

thanks

If I remember right, you'll need to hold onto the switch inside the case as it's in a round hole. It's been a few years since we had a mill with one of those kits, but I remember replacing the whole switch on one at one point.

Bestline sells replacements for about $4 but their minimum shipping I thought was ridiculous.
Align/Bestline Power Feed

I found a primer bulb for a Echo string trimmer/leaf blower will snap right on the original push button nut after pealing the old boot off.

Cost was about $1.50.
ZjE6wPu.jpg

Ya you gotta take the top housing off to get that. The rapid plunger (pn 5882) isnt secured to anything, so you have to either put enough pressure on it (sometimes just pressing on it with your thumb to trap it against the top housing will do) or some pliers to hold it while you unthread the rapid boot (pn 2499). Be weary that these are notorious for having the chance that the threads of the rapid boot not be perfect on the rapid plunger. Theyve gotten better with it, but about 1 out of every 20 I do wont thread right on. You gotta kinda use it like a tap to teach the threads lol

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Back