What's new
What's new

Servo Products Type 100 Power Feed - Specifications wanted

comstockfriend

Hot Rolled
Anyone have the knowledge or an old spec sheet for the Servo Products type 100 power feed? Found one in my stuff and am wondering if it is suitable for the knee of a Bridgeport. I have seen in the past a sheet with the specified applications of the various Servo feeds but can't seem to find one in a web search. For the knee I just need power up and down and not much concerned about speed regulation under a cut.

I have type 140's on the X and Y. In a moment of insanity I bought a Chinesium feed, took three to get one that ran. It will NOT hang on the BP!

John

Getting no joy on PM I asked this on Facebook. Tim Besmer of Besmer Machinery Repair states that the 100 is way too weak for the knee and that even the 140 is too weak although Servo does list the knee as an application for the 140. So my current thought is to put the 100 on the Y and use the 140 for the knee (I'm not running this 24/7).

Anyone have a comment for a Servo type 140 for use on the knee?

Yes, I have the 140 and 150 specs. The inquiry was regarding the old and obsolete type 100 which is NOT on Servo's website. After being told by (one) experienced user that BOTH the 100 and 140 were too weak for the knee (Servo says the knee is fine for a 140), I asked if anyone on PM had experience with a 140 on a BP knee.

Anyone have experience of using a Servo 140 for intermittent use on a BP knee???

I do not; however, having used a DeWalt rated for 500 lbs./in. torque on a knee with a drill adapter, I CAN tell you that a 140 will potentially have some serious trouble there. Even the Servo 200 is only rated for 150 lbs./in. Intermittent. Those model numbers only correlate to torque for peaks of instantaneous torque that last a split second.

The DeWalt gets pretty hot during rapid moves of the knee going up, that's where I'd expect you'd have the most trouble. Those smaller feed units will likely stall during feed if you're trying to take a cut under power as well.

Back