What's new
What's new

Servo Products Type 90 Specificatios

Hostile

Plastic
I've got an old Wells Index 747 with type 90 power feeds. When I got the mill the power feeds didn't work. After replacing some micro switches everything was fine. The other night I noticed the "y" axis feed started tripping the breaker which eventually ended up destroying the breaker. I pulled it apart and replaced the SGRs and now I don't have the tripping condition but I have no movement at all.I've measured voltage at the brush holders and it's reading around 60v regardless of the position of the speed knob. So I have three questions: 1) Does anyone have a schematic for the IC Board? 2) Am I correct in thinking that the drive motor is an A/C reversible induction motor with full wave rectification and 3)What peak voltage should I be detecting at the brush holders. Thanks!

I think that "A/C reversible induction motor with full wave rectification" might more likely be a shunt wound DC motor. In that case, the brushes will have a constant voltage and the field voltage will be varied to vary the speed. Or it could be a series wound DC motor with an SCR control.

Larry

Larry, Thanks for taking the time to post your suggestions. It would make sense that it might be a DC motor as there are a bunch of heavy diodes and two SCRs on the IC board. I was thinking it might be an AC motor do to the way the armature looks. More reading needed on my part.

I've got an old Wells Index 747 with type 90 power feeds. When I got the mill the power feeds didn't work. After replacing some micro switches everything was fine. The other night I noticed the "y" axis feed started tripping the breaker which eventually ended up destroying the breaker. I pulled it apart and replaced the SGRs and now I don't have the tripping condition but I have no movement at all.I've measured voltage at the brush holders and it's reading around 60v regardless of the position of the speed knob. So I have three questions: 1) Does anyone have a schematic for the IC Board? 2) Am I correct in thinking that the drive motor is an A/C reversible induction motor with full wave rectification and 3)What peak voltage should I be detecting at the brush holders. Thanks!
Do you have a source for the SCR? I am having trouble gleaning the p/n from the ones I have.

Back