What's new
What's new

Servo type 80

mdj21

Plastic
Hi,

Does anybody have the specs on a Servo type 80 power feed? How does it compare to a 150?

I see a non-working type 80 on EBay and I'm wondering if it is worth fixing for my home shop. Parts seem to be available.

Any opinions welcome.

Have a great day,

Mike.

I was looking to retrofit a Servo drive on my Hardinge Mill. The last models used ..I believe? a Servo 80 as original equipment. When I was looking to fit one one, I was told by a couple of repair guys that the Servo 150 was the best replacement, something to do with a finer feed/torque for a smaller manual machine...I dunno. Haven't finished the project so I can't confirm.

Finally......

Yea, I found that icai-online.com link earlier.

I think I'll call them before I dive into the project.

Maybe the busted 80 can be upgraded to be like a 150. Who knows.

Thanks for the replies.

I agree with rkep(ler that they are a pain to work on. But it is doable. And the shop he linked has been a good source of obsolete parts. They have kept older drives for spares and that has gotten several of my old Servos going. Also, if you are handy at simple PC board repair, these older drives are quite simple. Electrical schematics are available from several online sources.

I agree with rkep(ler that they are a pain to work on.

Technically, I referred to the drive as "the spawn of the devil". Getting one apart is akin to living a Lovecraftian nightmare, putting it back together is a full scale battle with the Old Ones. Really, pay someone else to do it.

Fixing the drive board is trivial. Mid-70's scr drive, you could diagnose things with a Simpson 260.

Back