What's new
What's new

Sharp SV-2412 Wiring: Delta 3 Phase 240v

Max Weber

Aluminum
Sharp SV-2412

The manual calls for 220v 3 phase power +/- 10% (242v max)

Our power reads as high as 243v on certain days, which makes me think the control will alarm out, and it generally doesn't sound like a good idea to run this machine on the ragged edge of voltage requirements anyway.

We are the only customers being serviced from the transformers on the pole. Can we convince PG&E to dial down the transformers on the pole to 235v-238v? That should keep us in tolerance without affecting any other equipment we have on 240v otherwise it looks like we'll have to get a pair buck boost transformers and hire an electrician to wire everything up.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Max

I seriously doubt 1 volt over 10% will be a problem. I would just try it and see what happens. Our previous 240V service ran as high as 253V which was out of spec for some machines. We never had any problems.

A 240V to 220V transformer is your only real option to get the voltage lower, probably $500-$1000 at eBay prices given the size you need.

I forgot to account for voltage drop in the wire. The panel to machine will be about 30-40 feet which will drop the voltage from 243 to about 240. Looks like I'm good to go!

Back