Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Shizuoka an-s

good morn to all-pat here,still bumbling around w/ my shizuoka vari drive--i have taken the 'top off' of my shiz,to replace every bearing up there purely as a maint. item -thought i heard a little noise--everything has been pretty easy til now-have enclosed pics,even if they are tilted-but these sheaves here have got me!-one is pressed on the shaft,next to the drive tang part,and the other is the sliding one i can't get the sliding one off the shaft;there are/were little plastic'keys' for lack of the right term that are visible through slots-at least one of them covered a set screw going into the shaft-but it won't turn in or out enough threads to make a difference-maybe one 180 opposite,but haven't destroyed the plastic enough to expose it--didn't set out to destroy ANYTHING but have to figure this out 'reversely' somehow-sorry for the ramble--ANYONE here w/ experience on this exact part(s)-maybe an ex shiz tech?? thanks in advance for any help!!--pat,in norcal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1046.jpg   img_1055.jpg   img_1056.jpg   img_1047.jpg  
    Last edited by pat pounden; 02-05-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The place in Japan that probably gave its name to your machine is Shizuoka, not shizouka. Correct spelling in thread titles helps the search function to work for future reference.

Larry

3. Likes tdmidget liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pat pounden View Post
    thank you-went in and edited right then--hope i get some help on this,been trying for more than a day so far!!-pat
    No, I think titles cannot be edited. But perhaps you can delete the thread and start a new one with correct spelling.

Larry

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pat pounden View Post
    -does it look ok after the edit-i see a cap 's'- still,this is not exactly the help i'm looking for--any Shizouka people around w/ some ideas?-thanks,pat
    You keep asking for information on a non-existent brand. Correct spelling might get you in touch with an owner of a Shizuoka machine.

Search engines work best with correct spelling of your key word, so you might try Google.

Larry

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thank you!-thought it was just the capitalization-never paid attn to it!!-just spent 10 mins trying to delete-will let me edit but won't delete!!
    hope this helps,but will try starting a new thread w/ same,correct spelling post tomorrow if no re's -thank you again--pat

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a way to edit your thread title. I've done it before but can't remember exactly how to do it.