What's new
What's new

Shizuoka an-s

pat pounden

Cast Iron
first off-thank you larry!
this is a repost,w/ better spelling-thanks for your patience

good morn to all-pat here,still bumbling around w/ my Shizuoka vari drive--i have taken the 'top off' of my shiz,to replace every bearing up there purely as a maint. item -thought i heard a little noise--everything has been pretty easy til now-have enclosed pics,even if they are tilted-but these sheaves here have got me!-one is pressed on the shaft,next to the drive tang part,and the other is the sliding one i can't get the sliding one off the shaft;there are/were little plastic'keys' for lack of the right term that are visible through slots-at least one of them covered a set screw going into the shaft-but it won't turn in or out enough threads to make a difference-maybe one 180 opposite,but haven't destroyed the plastic enough to expose it--didn't set out to destroy ANYTHING but have to figure this out 'reversely' somehow-sorry for the ramble--ANYONE here w/ experience on this exact part(s)-maybe an ex shiz tech?? thanks in advance for any help!!--pat,in norcal

Attachments

• IMG_1046.jpg
    IMG_1046.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 116
The fact that no one has replied, doesn't surprise me. Your post is too hard to read / understand. If there is a question in there it's hidden in the nonsensical run on paragraph. Use sentences and grammar, you may get some help. I have no idea what you want . Not being a smart ass, just giving some constructive criticism.

The fact that no one has replied, doesn't surprise me. Your post is too hard to read / understand. If there is a question in there it's hidden in the nonsensical run on paragraph. Use sentences and grammar, you may get some help. I have no idea what you want . Not being a smart ass, just giving some constructive criticism.

ok -thanks!!--need advice on how to remove sliding sheave from vari drive shaft assy. on shizuoka an-s pleas see pics of assy above in first post---anyone? thanks,pat

If you can slide it up to the end of the splined shaft by hand and it stops, I would first check the spline for burs. You might need to take a needle file and file parallel to all the spline teeth then put a .015 X 45 degree on the end of each spline tooth.

ok -thanks!!--need advice on how to remove sliding sheave from vari drive shaft assy. on shizuoka an-s pleas see pics of assy above in first post---anyone? thanks,pat

pat here-again--ok ,got the assy figured out!!-after removing the shifting yoke and brg assy from the fixed shaft,there is a steel sleeve that appears to be part of the sliding sheave-it is not!!-it covers up the neck of the slider,and when removed exposes 2 plastic keys that are slotted for 2 setscres that are in the shaft that the slider slides on;i'd already ruined those 2 plastic keys trying diff things to pry it apart,so after everything else had to make 2 new ones--none of this will make sense until one is doing this exact job-but hopefully it will help someone sometime!! $225 worth of jap brgs from the local guy,and going to be all back up!!

Glad you figured it out, but do you drink like 50 cups of coffee a day? You will get a lot more replies if you make your post readable by using sentences and punctuation. Its really difficult to grasp what you are trying to with everything jammed together in one run on paragraph. I'm not the spelling / grammar police, just giving you some advice.

Glad you figured it out, but do you drink like 50 cups of coffee a day? You will get a lot more replies if you make your post readable by using sentences and punctuation. Its really difficult to grasp what you are trying to with everything jammed together in one run on paragraph. I'm not the spelling / grammar police, just giving you some advice.

no-just not much of a typist!!-but i NEVER got any re's so-??. Don't know where the people who know this stuff are hiding,but i sure wish they wouldn't!!-pat

I replied to your post did you do what I suggested?

thank you!!-but the sliding sheave was not on splines-in fact,no splines anywhere in the unit--it was somewhat more complex-but your ideas are absolutely sound practice for sure,in those scenarios--pat

Back