What's new
What's new

Shop air cleaners

Machinist_max

Aluminum
What is out there for decent air filters to keep some of the haze down and keep the walls white

Bought a building in February to get the shop out of the garage.
Mostly moved in and operating, after a ton of renovations, and noticed the haze in the lights on the ceiling for the first time tonight.

Building is sealed up tight with new windows and masonry work.

Equipment:
Haas VF2
(2) Haas open top mini mills
CNC drill and tap machine
(2) Bridgeports
(2) Turning centers
(2) American pacemakers
Plus a ton more
All 22 machines in 2400 square feet with a separate room for all the grinding.
14 foot ceilings

Suggestions??
I mop the floor every other day and would like to keep everything clean.

What is out there for decent air filters to keep some of the haze down and keep the walls white

Bought a building in February to get the shop out of the garage.
Mostly moved in and operating, after a ton of renovations, and noticed the haze in the lights on the ceiling for the first time tonight.

Building is sealed up tight with new windows and masonry work.

Equipment:
Haas VF2
(2) Haas open top mini mills
CNC drill and tap machine
(2) Bridgeports
(2) Turning centers
(2) American pacemakers
Plus a ton more
All 22 machines in 2400 square feet with a separate room for all the grinding.
14 foot ceilings

Suggestions??
I mop the floor every other day and would like to keep everything clean.

I have two "Micro Air MX1800", bought used from another PM member. That unit is as SIMPLE as a box of rocks.

Sheet-steel case. Two-speed motorized blower. One, two, or three type of filters, none of them expensive. Easy to clean. Not all that heavy to get into place. Cheaply rebuilt.

Not all that hard to duplicate from scratch by adapting stock HVAC "air handler" blower and filter components if you felt like wasting the time.

Industrial air cleaners | HEPA | Ambient Capture | Micro Air

Those can be hung vertically or horizontally, can be configured as to choice of filter complement for whatever level of filtration your environment needs, rocks and dog hair down to smaller than smoke.

Surely they have competition. Plenty of it! Grab yourself a collection of the specs and manuals - gain a free education!

At the old digs we had a "swamp cooler" with the pads replaces with 2" filters replacing the pads in the center of the shop, it would circulate heat or cooled air while cleaning it.

At the old digs we had a "swamp cooler" with the pads replaces with 2" filters replacing the pads in the center of the shop, it would circulate heat or cooled air while cleaning it.

…..and in todays environment, add a touch of bleach to the water, for clean, sanitized air...:D

Attachments

• Minions-TP.JPG
    Minions-TP.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 47
Due to heavy smoke locally folks have been using plain box fans with HVAC filter attached to on side.

Stupid simple and cheap.

Make a sheet metal frame that fits standard filter to common fan and you are good to go.

Electrostatic also option but $$$

Washable filters reduce cost, leaf blower cleans them well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Due to heavy smoke locally folks have been using plain box fans with HVAC filter attached to on side.

Stupid simple and cheap.

Make a sheet metal frame that fits standard filter to common fan and you are good to go.

Electrostatic also option but $$$

Washable filters reduce cost, leaf blower cleans them well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That works easily. There's a stock Aluminium extrusion size they slide right into.
.. but that type of fan then runs at partial "stall".

Better fan for the purpose, the "squirrel cage" as used in forced air furnaces, air-con, heat pump, as the "air handler" unit.

The basic Micro Air I linked is very similar to my York central air, here.

The deep-pocket 'bag" filter sits where the refrigerant "A"coil is on the York.

York has ONE 20 X 20 X 1 HEPA pleated-paper, Micro Air has either 24 X 24 X 4", two two-inch, stacked, or four one-inch, stacked ahead of the bag filter. Or not so many, if not needed.

Downwind of fires, probably everything has gone scarce, money included?

The fires - and power outages - will keep getting worse, going forward, so may as well start preparing for them as the "new normal".

Deep underground should be good if yah can get enough air. But then again.. Earthquake country?

And probably only ten more years before taxes get to over 100% or what is left of an income?

I have a Honeywell mist/dust collector in my shop, I'm not sure Honeywell makes it any longer.

I have 4 of these MP14 Airflow mist collectors that I'm not going to use and I'd like to sell. They are a little tall to hang under my 12' ceiling, your 14' ceiling would be perfect They're not geographically desirable for you, but I'll take $400 each or $1200 for all 4 with extra filters and etc.

mp14.jpg

I have a Honeywell mist/dust collector in my shop, I'm not sure Honeywell makes it any longer.

I have 4 of these MP14 Airflow mist collectors that I'm not going to use and I'd like to sell. They are a little tall to hang under my 12' ceiling, your 14' ceiling would be perfect They're not geographically desirable for you, but I'll take $400 each or $1200 for all 4 with extra filters and etc.

View attachment 300628

Honeywell may have owned them, or merely marketed them:

Industrial Air Filtration, Dust, Mist Collection, Fume Extraction

Ebay pricing is "suspect", but seems they were not cheap, new?

Airflow Systems inc Mist Collector MP14 | eBay

At your asking price, I'd grab one or two myself if I didn't already have the two Micro Air units! And no "mist" problem anyway, so a simpler issue, here.

There is a couple of airflow units for sale around me.
But if I can just run regular furnace hepa filters I might as well build my own.

There is a couple of airflow units for sale around me.
But if I can just run regular furnace hepa filters I might as well build my own.

Oh, surely.. along with all other six million DIY projects that are on the "RTWL"

(Round Tuit Wish List).

Used ones clean-up easily. Bad blower? Grainger has motors AND blower cages. Already assembled units, even.

Oh, surely.. along with all other six million DIY projects that are on the "RTWL"

(Round Tuit Wish List).

Used ones clean-up easily. Bad blower? Grainger has motors AND blower cages. Already assembled units, even.

I don't think I made one of my own projects this entire year!
You have a point

Back