What's new
What's new

Sima Rossi horizontal milling machine

Djoos

Plastic
I am looking for some help with a Sima Rossi horizontal milling machine. It looks to be one of the older models with a serial number of 115. The photos on Tony's UK site show models show a turret type head. This model has a extending arm on a dovetail set up with a Tree MH4 vertical head. I am looking for a operation manual that explains how the drive system for the horizontal milling head works. It has a gear box on the top and bottom and I am not sure what the bottom gear box is for. I would appreciate some help with this.

Hello Mates,

just bought this milling machine, feels very sturdy and robust. Could not find any information besides the lathes.co.uk I'm not willing to pay 90 pounds in the manual.

Does anyone has it to share or for a smaller fee?

Does anyone knows the collet chuck standard? Is it iso40?

greetings

Is your mill a vertical or horizontal mill? My mill is a horizontal model with a tree vertical head.The horizontal is a NMTB 40. The vertical is ZZ taper.

The closest manual I could find was that UK company that sold the copies of original manuals. However
it was not the exact one I needed so I also passed on it.

The closest manual I could find was that UK company that sold the copies of original manuals. However
it was not the exact one I needed so I also passed on it.

Sanity check, then. ANY of us as run "orphaned" machine-tools, the machine itself is all the "manual" we are guaranteed to be able to lay eyeballs on.

I've had to guess at lubes off the back of what totally unrelated machines that have similar drives, bearings, sliding surfaces use. Not as if there was an infinite number of choices, anyway.

Likewise, any of us have to expect to make the odd repair part "DIY", with nought but the worn or broken one as our "blueprint".

BFD. Machine-tools have a certain familiar logic to their function, any maker. So all that is being done successfully all the time.

Not as if all this Old Iron was being maintained by cooks and bakers.

:)

Back