What's new
What's new

Simple need, but can't find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydroracer

Plastic
So this might sound dumb, but I am looking for some small plastic storage boxes, roughly 4" long, 2" wide by about 3/4" to 1" deep. Basically, looking to insert foam cut to hold a tap and its corresponding drill bit.

Danged if I can find any place that has such a critter that doesn't require a 500 piece minimum order. I just need 3.

Anyone know where I might find them off the top of their head?

Not exactly what you describe, but I use toothbrush/toothpaste cases like these;

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/warrawo...case-?DM_PersistentCookieCreated=true&cid=wsm

and these;

ROSENICE Travel Toothbrush Case Holder Toothpaste Storage Box (Orange): Amazon.com.au: Home

to store large drills and some other tools.

I also use this kind of tube for storage of small reamers,drills & taps;

10Pcs Plastic Transparent Clear Test Tube Sample Containers With Cap 12*100MM AU | eBay

I buy the longest I can find; they are easily parted-off to shorten them if required.

Two taped together could be used for your tap & drill storage.

I know this isn't what you're looking for, and I don't have a pix, but in my shop, I have small wooden holders I made that hold the tap drill and a taper, chamfer and bottom tap in every size from #4 to 5/8". Wherever you're doing a job you merely take the little wooden holder to the location and you have everything you need.

The wooden holders are marked with the tap size and are on a shelf, easy to see and ready to grab. All sizes are there, NC and NF as well as pipe taps.

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back