What's new
What's new

Are all Bijur oil metering units ceated equal?

RC99

Diamond
I am wanting to replace some of the failed metering units on my G&L borer that dates back to 1942...

The oilers probably cannot be cross referenced to anything today, but I was wondering if the numbers are still relevant... As in the one with MTC5 on it, the 5 is the flow rate and the same as say a FSA 5 available today...

The numbering system is convoluted at best, especially so when trying to cross reference from Bijur to Show to Trico, or any other crosses. Call Bijur. They are the leader in this type of thing and their Customer Service was very easy to deal with when I had some research to do.

RC ,you are smart to replace the flow control units with the same flow rate.When the system was installed new it was engineered to put the correct amount of oil to the various points on the machine.It was not randomly thrown together.Unless some idiot has tampered with it and and put the wrong meter units in.match up with your old units.I don't know if your system is continuous flow or cyclic,you may already know this,the meter units are different.do not mix(cyclic units have a metering piston in them).When you replace a low flow with a high flow you may starve some other critical area.Most cyclic units don't have a lot of extra capacity.Ditto on contacting Bijur,they have always been very helpful in my past dealings with them.

You guys who say "Call Bijur" really should pay a bit more attention to location first. It's a right PITA calling from Australia to the USA due to time shifts. Possible, sure, but a PITA.

I used to live & work in Tucson so don't tell me that it isn't an issue.

Now if someone provided an email contact that didn't go straight to a spam trap - that would be useful.

That said, I agree with the 'some is better than none' comments. Oil is cheap, use plenty. I think I'm about to face the same issue with my Kearns HBM as I can see a manual pump with a number of oil lines going from it.

PDW

Three clicks on the Bijur website yielded this as a distributor in your own backyard. Are you all this disabled down under?
Highlube Fluid Engineering Pty Ltd
PO Box 1248
8 Second Ave
Unanderra NSW 2526, Australia
Tel.: (+61) 2-4271-7700
Fax: (+61) 2-4271-2655
[email protected]
www.highlube.com.au
Authorized Distributor of:
  • Bijur
  • Delimon
  • Farval

That's a scary video... Iran... France... Korea... :D

Oiler numbers go in powers of 2 don't they? So the 5's would logically still be the same flow rates.

Ray

Here is a good link. http://www.bijurdelimon.com/fileadm.../Datasheets/35470_B_FIT_Meter-Units_DS-R2.pdf

Some of those metterng units have internal check valves. Many of the older machines had the manifold under a table so replacing them was a real pain. If your's is like that I would update it so the manifold mounted where it can be reached. Also mount the pump low so there is always a head of oil above the manifold. The higher the number the more oil is released. On your big machine I would have several units feed the ways so incase one plugs up you will have oil.

Also if some of the ways seem to be worn more, then there is no law that says you can't put a higher number in the manifold. I took a lubrication class years ago taught by a Lubrication Engineer at Trico and he said that many machines builders gave it the best guess on the lube fitting size and he said more oil is better then less oil. He also suggested mounting a pressure gage in between the pump and the manifold. The gage is a safety. If the pressure is lower then when it was with the new units, there is a leak or broken tube. If it is higher...something is plugged up. Also they recommend replacing all of them and not just 1 or 2. I have found that Trico, Showa and Lube are as good and less expensive the BiJur. Good Day :-) Rich

Here is a good link. http://www.bijurdelimon.com/fileadm.../Datasheets/35470_B_FIT_Meter-Units_DS-R2.pdf

Some of those metterng units have internal check valves. Many of the older machines had the manifold under a table so replacing them was a real pain. If your's is like that I would update it so the manifold mounted where it can be reached. Also mount the pump low so there is always a head of oil above the manifold. The higher the number the more oil is released. On your big machine I would have several units feed the ways so incase one plugs up you will have oil.

Also if some of the ways seem to be worn more, then there is no law that says you can't put a higher number in the manifold. I took a lubrication class years ago taught by a Lubrication Engineer at Trico and he said that many machines builders gave it the best guess on the lube fitting size and he said more oil is better then less oil. He also suggested mounting a pressure gage in between the pump and the manifold. The gage is a safety. If the pressure is lower then when it was with the new units, there is a leak or broken tube. If it is higher...something is plugged up. Also they recommend replacing all of them and not just 1 or 2. I have found that Trico, Showa and Lube are as good and less expensive the BiJur. Good Day :-) Rich

Thanks, I did find that and it led me to believe the numbering system has not really changed, just the configuration of threads and so forth... I thought some here that have dealt in older machines may have known... The oiling system I need the metering units for does not oil any slides and just oils the various bearings in the spindle frame.. the pump works well, but the various oiling points have suffered over the years from people that simply drilled out the metering units and stuff like that..

Three clicks on the Bijur website yielded this as a distributor in your own backyard. Are you all this disabled down under?
Highlube Fluid Engineering Pty Ltd
PO Box 1248
8 Second Ave
Unanderra NSW 2526, Australia
Tel.: (+61) 2-4271-7700
Fax: (+61) 2-4271-2655
[email protected]
www.highlube.com.au
Authorized Distributor of:
  • Bijur
  • Delimon
  • Farval
LOL. Arn't you clever? I wonder if Einstien actually bothered to click on those links.http://www.highlube.com.au/ is as dead as the doo-doo. Probably has been since about 2008 when Bijur were bought out by Delimon of Germany. The U.S Bijur site is only about 6 years behind the times.

They wouldn't have a clue how international distribution is done via Delimon Gbmh. They haven't updated their contacts since.

The local turds wouldn't have sold a meter unit in the past half a decade. They have to buy via Europe, even for U.S.A produced Bijur. Time it goes USA- Eur-Aus, and every one gets their mark up along the way. Those pricks were quoting me $47.50 for a simple meter unit, that I can buy an equivalent for $12.70 less 25% trade, all over town, 6 years ago.

Here you go Fuckwit. Three clicks just for you. Tell us again how simple that was?
http://www.highlube.com.au/

Any of those working for you dickhead?

Its spelt Crikey. And you pricks will get all over me for "Spelt" O.K I'll go with Spelled.

Any explaination for offerering up 6 year old dead links? And telling us how simple that is?

I was trying to help. I did more work on the problem than you have, yet you spend all this energy attacking me?

With information readily available on the internet and Bijur being such a global company, when one says "WAH! We live on the wrong side of the world and have to wake up at midnight to call the US...........", it seems that you do not really want to solve this problem.

Nor do I. Good luck with everything.

I was trying to help. I did more work on the problem than you have, yet you spend all this energy attacking me?
Bull shit. I wasnt the one that went with " Are you all this disabled down under?"

Your trying to help. Frog shit. Your just back peddeling because you fucked up with all your "help"

Do you not think we doopey fucks, might have thought to google up the reps. Whats comical is you dick heads think they can out google.

I'll remind you of your dead arse link. Thats really really helping. http://www.highlube.com.au/

Found that on the interweb did we? What a wizard. You rock bro.

"WAH! We live on the wrong side of the world and have to wake up at midnight to call the US.
Are you mistaking me for that two headed Tasmainian? PDW. I never once mentioned calling the U.S via phone.

Phil.

did anybody try contacting highlube via the tellio-phone? (it's that thing hanging on our kitchen wall with the round disk with numbered holes in it). Maybe their still in business, but just not supporting the website any more?

No I actually thought I would start by asking a question on a forum whose participants combined knowledge make it one of the best metal working resources on the internet would yield far better results... I already know with 90% certainty what answer I am going to get if I was to contact a local distributor and ask them what do these metering units made in 1942 cross reference to these days... It will be the stunned mullet look.. The US does not have a monopoly on retardos.. We have plenty and in my experience they seem to migrate into the customer service jobs..

Back