What's new
What's new

Sino DRO lathe function question???

Flyer91

Plastic
I have a 3 axis SDS6-3V Sino DRO set up for lathe operation and am wondering how you use the integrate function.

I can turn it off and on, but can't see anywhere in the instructions on how to calibrate the integrate function to the angle of the compound ........ or even any mention of this '3 axis lathe specific function' other than the instructions on how to set the display for either either "none" or "integrate".

Has anyone figured this out (???) and if so ........... please explain.

Many thanks, and best regards,

Gary

Well ...... I played around with it a bit more and found the integration is off the Z (carriage) axis and it increments both the Y (compound) and Z (carriage) axis readout linearly, with the Z axis movement.

The compound movement either adds to the cumulative count in the Y axis readout, or subtracts from it with the Z axis readout remaining at what ever the last movement of the Z axis was.
You can't select what axis the integration effects, as it is limited to tying the Z axis to the Y axis readout/count.

So ... I suppose it is only useful when the compound is parallel to the Z axis (and spindle), and it's usefulness it limited to being a fine resolution to the Z axis (assuming you have a higher resolution scale on the compound than on the carriage) and/or a real-time display of the incremental movement of the tool along the Z axis, when using both the carriage and compound to move the tool like a coarse and fine control.

IMHO: It would be great if you could enter the angle setting of the compound and have it display both the tool's Z and X axis movement on the Y axis readout, as you angle cut with the compound (basically track a taper in real-time).

Best regards,

Gary

Back