What's new
What's new

The site PM is not as enjoyable as it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michiganbuck

Diamond
The site would be more enjoyable if a new post would come up to the top of New Posts. Other wise a thread one would like to follow and has current interest would not require searching through a hundred posts to find.

I just made a post on blocking in on the surface grinder mag chuck and with not going through my Find latest posts it seems impossible to find. Yes one can find it in Abrasive Machining.

MB, if you hit the home button at the top of the screen it brings up current threads. If i understood correctly that's what your looking for.

I clicked on new posts and then went through five pages(and gave up) and did not find my/this started thread. That is not very conveient.

That's because you were the last post in it, you can use daily posts for a list of new posts or settings to see your subscribed threads with new posts

Do not use the "new posts" tab, Use the "daily posts" instead. New posts are just that, new, once you read or comment in a thread it is no longer new, so is not shown in "new posts". Daily posts shows ALL activity in threads like the way it was before. Some kind of v-bulletin update changed things.

Last edited:
Do not use the "new posts? tab, Use the "daily posts" instead. New posts are just that, new, once you read or comment in a thread it is no longer new, so is not shown in "new posts". Daily posts shows ALL activity in threads like the way it was before. Some kind of v-bulletin update changed things.

Thanks Rob that seems to work..yes this post is a test of that.

Good problem solved.
Buck

Yes, a "new" feature. Now one can now jump through hoops to see your "new" post.
Sort of a pain in the ass if you want to see, review, or change your just posted info.
Easy and user friendly in the past, not so now.
This is not forward progress but instead shows bad software design and a lack of understanding of the user.
One giant step backwards.

I guess the lesson the software is tossing out is not to post a response to a thread if you are interested in it.
It has already stopped me from typing... maybe that is good.:)
Bob

The “ignore” feature has made the site VERY enjoyable for me :)

I do hope you ignore me.
People talk about this often. I ignore none as all have a view or opinion.
I will argue but I discard no man no matter how much we disagree.
T'is the stuff outside my box that makes me question where I stand. When you don't want to hear this..........

Why do you use the ignore function? Explain that to me.
Bob

I’ve noticed that threads I read through will drop off the list of new posts. And last time I searched for a specific topic (broken tap removal) that should have had hundreds of related threads, it came up with nothing relevant.

I’ve noticed that threads I read through will drop off the list of new posts. And last time I searched for a specific topic (broken tap removal) that should have had hundreds of related threads, it came up with nothing relevant.

Because they're not new to you any longer (until changed).

Because they're not new to you any longer (until changed).

If I post to them they are not changed?
Would not my addition make them "new"?
It's a software SNAFU.
Trivial but read and unread made more sense.
More to me it shows programming and user interface understanding (or lack of care, just do this...).
This is where my code slinger gets the "I need to see you in my office".
The goal of a upgrade is to make things better, faster, easier. Never push against the user.

I understand the change, do not know why it was allowed.
Likely we just have to live with it as nobody is steering the ship.
Bob

The “ignore” feature has made the site VERY enjoyable for me :)

I thought I made your list weeks ago along with many others.Something about I cannot be a true Idahoan because you were ButtHurt about a reply ?Well,here you are,WTF ? Get rid of me already

There's something really screwy with marking forums read. If I hit "mark all forums read" from the top of the forums I'd expect that all messages earlier than that date would be marked read. Immediately after performing that action I can go into forums and nothing is marked unread, but the next day I go back into the same forum and see threads from 2-3 days before now marked unread.

What ever folks have been mucking with should be returned to the initial state and rethought - it's not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back