What's new
What's new

Slotter part 2, with control details

tonyfoale

Plastic
Here is the second and final video about the pneumatic slotter/broacher that I posted previously.

In case you missed the first video, here it is. It is best to watch this one first.

Me I would never build a pneumatic slotter
Hydraulic or hydraulic over pneumatic yes Not pneumatic Speed depends too much on load
To me that thing goes pretty fast I do net see myself feeding it at the right moment each time.Especially as it has no toolretraction with the upstroke

Peter

Me I would never build a pneumatic slotter
Hydraulic or hydraulic over pneumatic yes Not pneumatic Speed depends too much on load
To me that thing goes pretty fast I do net see myself feeding it at the right moment each time.Especially as it has no toolretraction with the upstroke

Peter

It works for me, I have no trouble syncronising my manual feed with the dwell period, as I said in the video I run it with just 0.5 sec dwell.. If I had a CNC 4th axis rotary table then I would CNC the whole operation but I only have a manual rotab so it seems pointless to use CNC on the rest although it would allow tool retraction but that is not a big deal.

Say, tonyfoale, in the future, please consider extending the original thread on this project instead of starting a new thread for part 2. If everything is together, it is easier to find (and search for) in the future.

Say, tonyfoale, in the future, please consider extending the original thread on this project instead of starting a new thread for part 2. If everything is together, it is easier to find (and search for) in the future.

I would have done that,but I could not find the original until after I made the second post. It turned out that the original was hiding in plain sight.

It's an interesting approach, and much more buildable by the average guy than a mechanical slotting head.

You say it works for you. Assuming no tool retraction, how much feed do you give it per stroke in various materials and have you noted any issues with not retracting the tool?

Back