What's new
What's new

Small chipboard boxes with metal edges source

turnworks

Cast Iron
Doing some organizing of bolts, fittings, adapters ect and looking for a source of quality boxes.

Years ago I remember seeing some cardboard/chipboard boxes thats bolts came in around 2"x2"x2"-3"x3"x3" that were from thicker chipboard and had metal reinforcements along the edges. I can't recall the brand but would like to find something similar.

Thanks.

Doing some organizing of bolts, fittings, adapters ect and looking for a source of quality boxes.

Years ago I remember seeing some cardboard/chipboard boxes thats bolts came in around 2"x2"x2"-3"x3"x3" that were from thicker chipboard and had metal reinforcements along the edges. I can't recall the brand but would like to find something similar.

Thanks.

I would agree with Ken on that. Everything has been transformed to molded plastic. I have not actually seen those boxes in many years !!

that said if that is what you REALLY want and dont mind paying, I have a friend who works at Stephen Gould, that are the largest independent custom packaging company in the US. He is a senior salesman, and I am sure he could get them made

This thread has reminded me of a very nice system with similar metal edges used with plywood. In the past when I have seen one of those boxes I always wondered if it was a system that you buy the edge and the tools needed and cut your own sides to fit? Or if it was a company that made the boxes to order or standard sizes?

Just thinking

Andy

Thanks all. The link is what I was aiming for. Its overkill for my needs but if I start questioning my wants everything falls apart.

I know plastic has taken over but I just find it easier to toss small odds and ends into a box and write on it what it is while I still actually know.

The clear bins for me suck because nothing I use to write on them stays for long. Label stickers peel off over time it seems. Hate having to get a thread pitch gauge and calipers out to figure out what length and thread it is.

OT but I can still remember growing up playing around in my pops garage. If I needed a bolt/nut first thing needed was a screw driver then walk over to the large metal coffee can filled with odds and ins. Use the screw driver to stir it for a few secs then stare at it until you see something close.

Just a quick tip. I may have more on this thread later.

Labels come in TWO varieties: Removable Adhesive and Permanent Adhesive. While the quality of each variety may and will vary, generally speaking, permanent adhesive labels are really permanent. I have had decades old labels that I simply could not peel off.

And yes, the removable adhesive ones will fall off after 5 or 10 years.

Thanks all. The link is what I was aiming for. Its overkill for my needs but if I start questioning my wants everything falls apart.

I know plastic has taken over but I just find it easier to toss small odds and ends into a box and write on it what it is while I still actually know.

The clear bins for me suck because nothing I use to write on them stays for long. Label stickers peel off over time it seems. Hate having to get a thread pitch gauge and calipers out to figure out what length and thread it is.

OT but I can still remember growing up playing around in my pops garage. If I needed a bolt/nut first thing needed was a screw driver then walk over to the large metal coffee can filled with odds and ins. Use the screw driver to stir it for a few secs then stare at it until you see something close.

Back