Smart phone in the shop - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by metalmagpie View Post
    I wear Lee carpenter jeans and keep my phone in the side (leg) pocket. And my phone is in a case.

metalmagpie
    I use something similar from Dickies. Plenty of room for my Note 8 phone in a case and a few pens.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have the Kyocera Duraforce. Very rugged phone - it can tolerate the drops, the chips, and the oil. I blast it with windex and wash it off under the sink when it gets too messy. Occasionally you have to pick out steel chips that get attracted to the microphone and speaker grills. I use a belt pouch, or a pocket in the shop pants but often leave it on a bench and use it through 3m bluetooth hearing protectors.

3. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AARONT View Post
    False. It's actually a very useful tool. There's a ton of useful apps for the shop, along with being able to take pictures of setups and just dump em right into the part folder on the network. If you do a lot of castings you know pictures are a huge help.
    I put an older deactivated phone of mine in the shop to use for viewing programs and taking photos of setups. Email still works through the WIFI so we email programs to it as .txt files and email photos back from it.
    I

5. Likes AARONT liked this post