What's new
What's new

Some amateurs just make you sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I proclaim this a wanker exercise...educate me as to why one would need to press one's playing cards?

Before I proclaim this a wanker exercise...educate me as to why one would need to press one's playing cards?

Most likely to make sure that all cards are uniformly flat so a cheat can't "feel" a card marked by subtle bending. This is one reason a dealer or player can demand a new deck in high stakes games.

You'd be amazed what a pro can do with a thumbnail.

Sometimes, it is futile to question the utility of a decorative object :). It is like figuring out why do men have nipples? The point of this post was to illustrate the quality of his work.

dee
;-D

Sometimes, it is futile to question the utility of a decorative object :). It is like figuring out why do men have nipples? The point of this post was to illustrate the quality of his work.

dee
;-D

Not too mention the quality of the video, enough of the machining sequence to make it interesting, but awesome fast transitions/ fades to the next step so that you don’t get bored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, the hand engraved stuff and the symmetry he was able to maintain was stunning. And the detail, absolutely amazing.

I assume he is maybe a jeweler or something as his day job? Where would you learn skills like that?

Wow, the hand engraved stuff and the symmetry he was able to maintain was stunning. And the detail, absolutely amazing.

I assume he is maybe a jeweler or something as his day job? Where would you learn skills like that?

No clue what his day job is, but he has some stunning handwork demonstrated in his other videos as well. If he is a pro metalsmith, he does not advertise it, if he is an amateur, well then the title says it all. This piece is just fookin amazing, there is not one thing out of place, I am not a huge fan of the style, but the execution is superb.

Edit....

Here is a Bit about Chris...he is an engineer damn it :)

About

dee
;-D

Really beautiful work. He is both a machinist and an artist.

But I have to wonder, are the machines he used OK to talk about here?

It isn't the machines, it is the person using them.

PS: Cute video trick at 10:00. I think he is also a good video editor.

The guy who received it has a video reaction (don't bother watching it).

Apparently it was 200 hours of work.

Wow-Ah-Zee Wah, Dee. Thanks for sharing this.

But regardless of his or her day job, no way that they are an amateur.

Ron

Don't be so down on amateurs. The word comes from Latin via french, and roughly means "one who loves." It can be used to describe anyone who does something for the love of the activity rather than to make a living. This video shows the beautiful process of creation of a beautiful item done by one who loves making things.

I’m surprised at the width of some the lathe tools to turn curves and arcs: no chatter.
And the design and engraving, that crazy talent. Even bending the serpents to be the same. Some people just have the knack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back