What's new
What's new

ph-6, CS Hydril, Washpipe threading inserts??????

IIRC, those connections require a license to produce. The tooling is probably available from Tenaris/Hydril.
JR

That was my first thought - no licence = possibly pirate / black market parts, inserts ''out of the back door'' and no gauges. All of which adds up to a whole load of grief from Texan oil patch lawyers hell bent on nailing your ass to the highway.

Everyone bootlegs the cs and ph6 now. About 3 or 4 companies have their own interchangeable connections of cs and ph6. I think tool flo actually has the inserts in their catalog I forgot what they call them, some kind of buttress.

As for gages I always used a hydrill sub and used a feeler gage to check the stand off on the 30° seal. Usually .005-.015 is good. If you had the hydrill prints they will gage if cut them exactly to the print.

Washpipe is easy peasy if you go off the print. Just turn to the max diameters and thread till the insert tops off.

where do you buy your threading inserts for CS hydril, Ph-6 and washpipe connetions?

Threading inserts for CS, PH-6 can be bought from Toolflo in Houston. They stock most inserts for oil country tubulars. Or one of many cutting tool distributors in the Houston area. I use Cutting Tools, Inc. 1-713-466-0088.

Washpipe connections, you got to be specific, there are hundreds of styles out there!

As for the CS and PH-6 connections, there are several companies that cut their version of this thread and goes by many different names. But they were all copied from original Hydril drawings over the years.

I even have my own set of drawing for these threads, too! Along with many others!

Ken

My company Gilmour Tools make them and have the license required but we only supply them direct to Tenaris. As someone mentioned before you need to buy your inserts from them

Back