What's new
What's new

Somewhat O.T. Small Adhesive Bandages

Big B

Diamond
Hello,

I am looking for a source of small adhesive bandages (Bandaids). About a year ago I had heart surgery and am now on blood thinners and any little nick leaves me bleeding some. I usually buy the variety packs of them and they have a few of the small bandages that are probably about 3/8" wide and 2" long. I use them and the rest of the box sits there.

It seems like most times I am using them on my hands and fingers where a 1" or 3/4" strip is a little too large to be comfortable.

Has anyone got a source of small adhesive bandages without having to buy the variety packs?

Thanks,
Big B

Another alternative is bandaging tape. It conforms easily, tears off, and easily handles any small to large nick you can wrap. Good for fingers, back of the hand, arms, etc. etc.

The stuff comes in a variety of widths and can be cut about as narrow as you'd like. Goes on fast, self-adheres, provides some protection from shop dirt and gives the nick time to stop bleeding. Pretty cheap as well.

Worth having a roll or two in the truck, as the 2" up widths can also be used to slow major bleeding from a serious accident.

https://www.amazon.com/Adherent-Adh...ustrial&sprefix=self+adherent+,industrial,195

+1 on the NexCare. I really like the NexCare Active (flesh-colored foam, flexible, excellent adhesion). I can't find a pack with all the same size, but here is one packaging.

They also make a waterproof version I've not tried. I think you can buy boxes of 100, all the same size.

+1 on the super glue, keep it in the beer fridge and it will last for a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same problem here.When I started taking Repatha shots the pharmacy sent me a box of 100 McKESSON spot bandages #16-4822.They are about 1" dia and stick really well.Perfect for small nicks.

Also superglue for the small clean-edged nicks...

100%.

I've been using superglue for YEARS to keep small cuts closed, and have never had any issues. In fact, I have access to dermabond (the medical equivalent), but still use dollar store super glue. It stands up to repeated washings,and will generally last about 10-12 hrs.

You can contact the customer service line of whichever adhesive bandage vendor you like and ask for that specific sort of product.

Or, check out the "Details" of this Rite Aid "dot" bandage: Rite Aid First Aid Antibacterial Clear Adhesive Bandages, 100 Count | Rite Aid

I had to laugh when I read the description of the bandages. "The next time you crave Chinese food, simply reach in your cupboard for Nissin Chow Mein. The secret's in the savory sauce. Available in eight unique flavors to complement our delicious straight noodles and premium ingredients, Nissin Chow Mein is ready in five simple minutes.".

I had to laugh when I read the description of the bandages. "The next time you crave Chinese food, simply reach in your cupboard for Nissin Chow Mein. The secret's in the savory sauce. Available in eight unique flavors to complement our delicious straight noodles and premium ingredients, Nissin Chow Mein is ready in five simple minutes.".

In fairness, that sounds like my kind of bandage - medical care and sustenance in one convenient package!

Wonder where in the database that screw up occurred, and how many others are on their site?

Another alternative is bandaging tape. It conforms easily, tears off, and easily handles any small to large nick you can wrap. Good for fingers, back of the hand, arms, etc. etc.

The stuff comes in a variety of widths and can be cut about as narrow as you'd like. Goes on fast, self-adheres, provides some protection from shop dirt and gives the nick time to stop bleeding. Pretty cheap as well.

Worth having a roll or two in the truck, as the 2" up widths can also be used to slow major bleeding from a serious accident.

https://www.amazon.com/Adherent-Adh...ustrial&sprefix=self+adherent+,industrial,195

I did resort to surgical tape a couple of days ago to close a crack on the tip of my thumb. It works well but I just want to find something easy and convenient to do a quick fix of small cuts. Until I find it, surgical tape it is.

Back