What's new
What's new

Source for 2" x 1" 954 Al Bronze hollow bar?

Finegrain

Diamond
Hi guys,

Anybody know of a reasonable supplier for 2" OD x 1" ID 954 Al Bronze hollow bar? I'm getting some bonkers pricing from local suppliers.

Thanks, and regards.

Mike

Two obvious choices are Speedy Metals and Online Metals. What makes you think the prices are bonkers?
Al. bronze hollow is not a cheap commodity...

I would consider $20/# to be bonkers.

Last batch of this material I ordered was ~$6/#, 12 months ago.

Regards.

Mike

welcome to the new tariff/trade war reality. everything IS going bonkers, this is what happens when you inject massive uncertainty in markets, it ripples across all sorts of commodities and products.

"what's this going to cost us to make in 6 months?" --- "who knows, to be safe, let's triple the price"

extreme partisanship, ultra-nationalism, bigotry, fearmogering, these are BAD for business, as well as being just, simply, wrong.

IME your at about the point were hollow bar may well not be cheaper than solid, Depending on metal prices your certainly approaching the break even point from solid to the extra effort of hollow casting not paying back.

Bravo Bronze has it for $5.76 / inch. That 13” piece would be $75. I have ordered small amounts from them once before and shipping was reasonable.

And a "Bravo!" to you, sir, for the heads-up. No minimum order, either. Bookmarked it. Thanks!

For the graybeards, that's ole' National Bronze, now also "onlined". They've been "into" Copper and its alloys, for ... a fair span of years.

:)

You need 6'. But does it have to be all one piece or can it be shorter pieces that fit into a flat rate box? Do you care if it is solid or hollow. maybe a plastic solid will be cheaper if this is for a bearing application.
Bill D.

Back