What's new
What's new

Source for 7/8" x 10 TPI LH Acme nut?

Terry Keeley

Titanium
Want to replace the nut only for the Z axis (knee) on my mill. Pretty sure the screw is still good, I was a dumbass and ran the knee hard into the bottom with an electric drill "power feed". Was only about 5 thou before that.

Checked Mcmaster and Googled quite a bit. I see 7/8 x 6 but not 10 TPI.

I know i could make one but was hoping to avoid that.

Any ideas?

Good chance for a PM lathe guy to make a few bucks...I would make a male to wires, then make a nut to fit..But i don't want the job.

Or someone just make one for the fun of it plus material.

Last edited:
Want to replace the nut only for the Z axis (knee) on my mill. Pretty sure the screw is still good, I was a dumbass and ran the knee hard into the bottom with an electric drill "power feed". Was only about 5 thou before that.

Any ideas?

Considering the time you're using to look for one probably easier, faster and cheaper to make one. You'll also get what you want.

ACME10TPI.jpg

Any ideas?

Google Green Bay Manufacturing. If they don't have it no one does. Who made your mill, no parts available?

Back