What's new
What's new

Source, die shoes-sets?

Mebfab

Diamond
Who sells light duty (cheap) die sets for light stamping and assembly. Need a couple new or lightly used for a school project. Maybe 3x5 opening. Can work around what I can find.

they have gotten somewhat hard to find. i'll check today to see if i still have a pile of them, if i do you can have one for shipping. you'll probably have to derust it to a degree.

i don't even know what danly sells them for, or if danly is still alive.

New sets have a fairly long leadtime unless you are talking an off the shelf item.

Anchor Canly stocks small die sets as a catalogue items.

For fab die sets, We use either Anchor Danly, Steelcraft, or Integrity Fab and Machine.

My preference is Integrity Fab, they send their grinding to a dedicated grind house, which typically results in a better end product. (anchor and steelcraft grind in house, We have often had issues with flatness from those two)

I designed a couple of testing rigs last year, using ones with maybe 5/8" pins, 4" x 6"
between pins.
Mcmaster carr $600.

I was thinking 3’x5’.
For something that small why wouldn’t you just make them?

Mill or grind a couple pieces flat, clamp together, a few small tack welds, drill & bore for pins, open holes for bushings and you have your die set. I bet you wouldn’t have 2hrs into both sets.

04fae8b80507d16eb55506c3714d1e7a.jpg

I have two of these. 4x4.....not sure if the pins are long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who sells light duty (cheap) die sets for light stamping and assembly. Need a couple new or lightly used for a school project. Maybe 3x5 opening. Can work around what I can find.

Let me know if those will work and I’ll get them in the mail to you. I’m a sucker for educational projects, so it’s just the cost of shipping (I think medium flat rate) if they’ll work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back