What's new
What's new

source for small order 7075

madmachinst

Stainless
Need 7075. Used to have an outfit with big band saws that would slice pcs off of plate. Now they don't do 7075 anymore. The advantage to that was that you got exactly what you needed and had lot less amount of chips to make. What I used for example, plates were 1/64" or slightly more over 3/8" thick. Slices could be cut to whatever width you needed. I hate having roller mill standard sizes and tons of chips. Making parts on a birdie port. Anyways, you guys got good sources lined up? I need like 10' of what I need. Used to use PPC specialty metals. No more aluminum from them.

Where are you located? Currently on my phone and it won’t say. Curious who others in WI/MN area are using for aluminum blanks and extrusions. My current sources have either gotten expensive or long lead times.

Midwest steel and aluminum
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not if you need it in less than 6 months. Midwest took three weeks to ship two pieces of 1.25x2in steel tubing 4ft long. Speedy is gonna be more money but they have it and will ship it faster.

Not if you need it in less than 6 months. Midwest took three weeks to ship two pieces of 1.25x2in steel tubing 4ft long. Speedy is gonna be more money but they have it and will ship it faster.

Yup, Midwest is one of my current suppliers. They do have 7075, but have not been sticking to their lead times.

Where are you located? Currently on my phone and it won’t say. Curious who others in WI/MN area are using for aluminum blanks and extrusions. My current sources have either gotten expensive or long lead times.

A & C Metals – Sawing, Inc.
Metal Supplies and Services | A & C Metals & Sawing, Inc.

They do (much) better than McNeilus on aluminum. And there cut to length works out to about the same as me paying my operator to run the CNC auto saw. Right now they seem to be running about 3 days on cut-to-length.

Fry Steel has 7075

if you call they'll quote you $'s/# and the weight. You'll need a calculator to figure the total. Their cut charges can be excessive. On the other hand their shipping dept is very efficient.

I always call if I want a quote, never tried to e-mail them for a quote. I've found with almost all metal suppliers e-mailing or going thru their online quote system is a waste of time.

Neither of em answers e mail so we off to a great start. Gonna call em at work today and lightly ream em over that one.

Reaming them's a good way to start a conversation.

I never e-mail suppliers, can't remember the last time I got an e-mail back in a timely fashion. Use the phone. You'll find calling is probably faster than composing an e-mail.

Back