What's new
What's new

Stainless steel wool

Dumpster_diving

Cast Iron
On a light-hearted note...supermarket didn’t have stainless steel wool for scrubbing pots. So it’s over to the lathe for me to turn some intentional birds-nests.

Probably the only time I’m going to be happy to see that mess
in the chip pan.

On a light-hearted note...supermarket didn’t have stainless steel wool for scrubbing pots. So it’s over to the lathe for me to turn some intentional birds-nests.

Probably the only time I’m going to be happy to see that mess
in the chip pan.

So long as they don't run short of vinegar (or I don't, given there is probably 3 or 4 gallons here..) I don't much NEED a scrubber for my "Spring" Swiss nor Belgian Demeyere cookware.

Decant the meal, splash-in a bit of detergent and vinegar, set the vessel back on a slowly-cooling Cast-Iron sealed "burner", and cover it.

Go eat.

Time yah come back, a PLASTIC pot scrubber will take out the product.

Miss a lime-build up, see that survive the dishwasher? Or blueish over-heat trace? Vinegar alone - NO detergent. Sit it a spell, rinse, dry, put back in the Karussel clean and SLICK for next-go.

Mind. I'm a low-heat, pre-heat, high smoke-temp oil, and pre-condition the stainless FIRST "slow food" cook..

So I don't much burn-generate carcinogens nor even gummy-stickey stuff to begin with.

Trying to cook on cheap-ass stainless cookware is akin to work at pumping bilges on a rattan canoe. Yah can DO it, but its is entrely too close to never-ending work, and I'm LAZY.

:)

Last edited:

Back