What's new
What's new

Enco lathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krizan

Plastic
Bought first lathe. Enco 20-12? The gear train has slop and power feed will not work. Seems to work as a manual feed tool. Anyone know where to buy parts? I bought it to try to learn how to use a lathe, should I even try to fix it? Thanks, Mike Krizan

Parts availability NIL basically. Please read forum discussion guide lines/rules. Hone shop machines are not to be discuss on this forum. You might see if Grizzly sells a similar lathe if so you maybe able to get parts from them. If you know very little about lathes try to find someone local to give you some basic instruction. It is always better to buy a fully functional machine to start with if you do not know how to check out or repair same. good luck.

Pretty much no telling what it really is. There wasn't actually an Enco company manufacturing machinery in a specific location, it is a rebranded machine that could have been made in any number of factories scattered across China. Finding parts for it probably isn't happening unless by dumb luck you find someone parting one out of the exact model and year that was made in the same factory.

Parts availability NIL basically. Please read forum discussion guide lines/rules. Hone shop machines are not to be discuss on this forum. You might see if Grizzly sells a similar lathe if so you maybe able to get parts from them. If you know very little about lathes try to find someone local to give you some basic instruction. It is always better to buy a fully functional machine to start with if you do not know how to check out or repair same. good luck.

You aren't supposed to constantly hurl insults at fellow members and use excessive foul language either, but they are allowing that, so why not allow discussion of home shop equipment?

This site came up when I searched lathe parts or repair. Sorry if I insulted your rules Life is to short and there are other options. Krizan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back