What's new
What's new

Starrett #20 square w/stock support

Ray Behner

Diamond
These were discontinued long ago, but many were made with the sliding support. From what I gather, they were available on the 15 inch and up. My 18" has one measuring 2.250. I have one (support only) that measures 3.5". Anyone know what size it fits?

These were discontinued long ago, but many were made with the sliding support. From what I gather, they were available on the 15 inch and up. My 18" has one measuring 2.250. I have one (support only) that measures 3.5". Anyone know what size it fits?

Anyway, if someone has a square that needs this support I'll ship it to you.

My large Starrett square is 21 by 39 in. The base is 3 inches tall and the blade is 3 1/2 inches wide.

Thank you Glen
Pretty much what I thought after reading Archie Cheda's post from yesteryear. He or someone on that thread replied that very few of the big ones came with the support.......need another?

Ray - did you ever get your question answered?
The #20's in the Starrett catalogs seem to illustrate just a single rest, not different ones in different sizes, fitted to the base of the beam on, as you say, the larger squares. I am not sure if this is the "support" you are referring to. The function of what I am calling the "rest" is to rest on and glide along the stock to keep the beam from drooping below its centerline when checking square.

-Marty-

Glen,
I'll get it going soon. Just too busy for a bit.

Marty,
Yep, as far as I know, that's the use for it. 'Least that's what I use it for. Depending on the size ot the square, the beam will be larger and so will the support.

Back